Fashion & Beauty

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21160 posts
4133 upvotes
YUL
r1lee wrote: that's a perfectly mint Pro, my goodness. My watches that are a year old look older then that haha.
I am not much of a speedmaster fan nor do i know much about the speedmaster line, what's the back casing design? the hippocampus seamonster or the Nasa design? I'm going with Nasa caseback... correct me if i'm wrong.

beautiful watch my friend. A classic speedy.
Actually, it's nto mint, iit's got a bit of scratches here and there. Here's a pic of the case back:

[IMG]http://gallery.me.com/najibs/100015/DSC ... 4106930001[/IMG]
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
17962 posts
16973 upvotes
Richmond Hill
How man times has it been serviced?

I have a SMP Chrono Ti and may need to be serviced soon... I don't want to leave my watch with Swatch Canada and I may be going to NYC later this year, so I might just leave it at the Omega boutique store instead.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8925 posts
1409 upvotes
emale wrote: Here is an excellent article about omega speedmasters compiled by chuck maddox.

http://chronomaddox.com/#Moonwatch
the late Mr. Chuck Maddox, was a staple on Omega products.
najibs wrote: Actually, it's nto mint, iit's got a bit of scratches here and there. Here's a pic of the case back:
Let me ask you this, it doens't matter to me, just want your opinion. Do you think that Calibre 861 should have that designation "first moon watch"? Since it was C. 321 that went up? considering that they disco'd C.321

Love Omega's caseback designs. Arguably one of the best in the business.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21160 posts
4133 upvotes
YUL
r1lee wrote: Let me ask you this, it doens't matter to me, just want your opinion. Do you think that Calibre 861 should have that designation "first moon watch"? Since it was C. 321 that went up? considering that they disco'd C.321
According to what I remember it was the Cal 861 though, that actually landed on the moon, not the 321.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2009
1357 posts
oakley time bomb.

and if anyone should have one for sale, your PMs are welcome :D
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8925 posts
1409 upvotes
najibs wrote: According to what I remember it was the Cal 861 though, that actually landed on the moon, not the 321.
I'm no Speedmaster guru, so just reading up. It doesn't matter anyway, the c.321 was discontinued after 67-69? so any watch past then would have been C.861.

http://www.omegawatches.com/spirit/hall ... e-321-1946

what other watch(es) do you own?
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1165 posts
3 upvotes
mississauga, ontario
how much would a new omega speedmaster stainless steel bracelet cost?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8925 posts
1409 upvotes
Maxspeed wrote: how much would a new omega speedmaster stainless steel bracelet cost?
i would call an authorized dealer, but my guess is around $600-$1000. Closer to the $1k mark though.

are you asking for a bracelet or a watch w/bracelet?

the $1k is for just a stainless steel bracelet for a Speedmaster.

If you look hard enough, you can probably get 35% at an AD. Especially ones in the US.
Jun 27, 2007
244 posts
17 upvotes
Maxspeed wrote: how much would a new omega speedmaster stainless steel bracelet cost?
MSRP for 3570.50(speedmaster "moonwatch" on bracelet) is about $3,85k us. Expect a 20% or so discount at AD, more around 30% on the grey market.
edit: wouha, sorry r1lee, I really read it as watch w/ bracelet xD yeah then, what r1lee said ^^
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
16218 posts
4641 upvotes
Toronto
r1lee wrote: that's a perfectly mint Pro, my goodness. My watches that are a year old look older then that haha.
I am not much of a speedmaster fan nor do i know much about the speedmaster line, what's the back casing design? the hippocampus seamonster or the Nasa design? I'm going with Nasa caseback... correct me if i'm wrong.

beautiful watch my friend. A classic speedy.
Any links on where I can get the Nato strap for my Seamaster and (soon to be) Submariner?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8925 posts
1409 upvotes
hightech wrote: Any links on where I can get the Nato strap for my Seamaster and (soon to be) Submariner?
Najibs might be a better source for Nato straps.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
1066 posts
513 upvotes
Toronto/Plano/Atlant…
Ofrei is a very well known dealer in omega parts and bracelets. They are based in the us and do ship to canada . Check the following link for speedy bracelet prices.

http://www.ofrei.com/page1280.html
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2003
5343 posts
463 upvotes
r1lee wrote: no, once i decide to move up market. My real love is the Vacheron Constatine Patrimony Bi-retrograde day date. The simplicity of the design just speaks to me. I don't need any of the other complications, the patrimony offers it all.
[IMG]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1015/vcbir.jpg[/IMG]

how about yourself?
Ah, VC makes really nice simple watches with rather impressive complications. I'm actually just a newb to the watch world. Only have a couple of Hamilton's and a couple of Longines right now. Maybe a JLC soon. :) Right now I just observe and drool at other people's collections like yours. :D
This space for rent.
Oct 10, 2004
893 posts
191 upvotes
Winnipeg
For whomever was looking for a speedy bracelet, you can get one that is nearly new by keeping an eye on the sales forum at timezone.com I just received a SS bracelet for my Seamaster GMT for nearly half the price ofrei wants. It's got a couple swirls that are barely visible, that's it. Also, customs (it came from Vermont) didn't collect any taxes either, so that makes it an even better deal.

Regarding NATO straps, same thing: have a look at the sales forum. There's a couple dealers that post there daily
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1165 posts
3 upvotes
mississauga, ontario
emale wrote: Picked up this guy a a few days ago.
How much was that and where did you buy it from?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8925 posts
1409 upvotes
GunnerX wrote: Ah, VC makes really nice simple watches with rather impressive complications. I'm actually just a newb to the watch world. Only have a couple of Hamilton's and a couple of Longines right now. Maybe a JLC soon. :) Right now I just observe and drool at other people's collections like yours. :D
hamilton's are a good start, and to add a JLC to that would a gem. Which JLC you looking at? i'm liking the master compressor series, especially the chronograph gmt navy seals.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8925 posts
1409 upvotes
emale wrote: Picked up this guy a a few days ago.
sweet, that's the 42mm version isn't it?
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
1066 posts
513 upvotes
Toronto/Plano/Atlant…
r1lee wrote: sweet, that's the 42mm version isn't it?
yes,its the 42. I have 7 inch wrists and 42 is the perfect size.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)