Fashion & Beauty

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8993 posts
1532 upvotes
emale wrote: yes,its the 42. I have 7 inch wrists and 42 is the perfect size.
well congratulations, its a beatiful piece. I do like the orange stitching that matches the orange 6,9,12 numbers.

the presence and solid feel of the Omega is wonderful.
Sep 30, 2001
30147 posts
10132 upvotes
Toronto
Maxspeed wrote: How much was that and where did you buy it from?
same question? how much and where? i haven't seen that particular style of omega before - it looks quite nice
Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8993 posts
1532 upvotes
it's an Omega Seamaster Co-axial. Mostly refered to as the PO (Planet Ocean).

James Bond wears it (not sure if its the white or orange numericals).

other famous PO bearer's are Michael Phelps, and Mark Harmon and his team in NCIS.

Here is mine, one with steel bracelet and the other on the orange strap w/deployment.

[IMG]http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9103/dsc01635w.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2457/dsc01639ep.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
1262 posts
814 upvotes
Toronto/Plano/Atlant…
MrDisco wrote: same question? how much and where? i haven't seen that particular style of omega before - it looks quite nice
The PO ( non chrono,50 to 75 dollar difference between the 42 and 45 mm versions) has a list price of 3800 to 3900 usd. After the approximately 25 to 30 percent discount you get from a good AD, it can be had for around 2850 dollars.

There is a 100 to 200 dollar difference between the models with the strap and the bracelet.

By the way, mine is a pre owned piece which i got for a very good price given that the watch is just a few months old.
Feb 17, 2007
892 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
I haven't bought a watch for over a year. I've always been wearing my LV Tambour watch and I have not seen any other ones that I liked more. It's beautiful but not so mature looking because I'm only 25. It has a few sporty accents but it's not like the very sporty looking orange/blue watch above. It's right in the middle of elegance.

I also got this silver & blue LV watch that I love too... looks great with a lighter shade outfit especially if I'm wearing anything with the matching blue.

I think LV watches are great for young business people.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2003
5503 posts
681 upvotes
r1lee wrote: hamilton's are a good start, and to add a JLC to that would a gem. Which JLC you looking at? i'm liking the master compressor series, especially the chronograph gmt navy seals.
Picking up a classic Reverso 8 days. It's used but in pristine condition. Maybe in a few years I'll be able to move up. :)
This space for rent.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8993 posts
1532 upvotes
ricsad wrote: I think LV watches are great for young business people.
Yes LV watches are very nice, i still think they are considered a designer/fashion brand among collectors. But they've put themselves in a good position by acquiring Zenith. It automatically elevated their status as a watch manufacturer and you could already see some of the design, quality and use of movements trickle down to the TAG and LV models.
GunnerX wrote: Picking up a classic Reverso 8 days. It's used but in pristine condition. Maybe in a few years I'll be able to move up. :)
move up to where? the reverso is a beautiful watch and a true JLC classic design. That would be an impressive piece to add to your growing collection.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2003
5503 posts
681 upvotes
r1lee wrote: move up to where? the reverso is a beautiful watch and a true JLC classic design. That would be an impressive piece to add to your growing collection.
Move up to AP, Zenith, IWC, etc. :D
This space for rent.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8993 posts
1532 upvotes
GunnerX wrote: Move up to AP, Zenith, IWC, etc. :D
Dude, that's a sideways move :) JLC is a premium watch, arguably one of the best manufacturers in the world.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2003
5503 posts
681 upvotes
r1lee wrote: Dude, that's a sideways move :) JLC is a premium watch, arguably one of the best manufacturers in the world.
That's quite true.. :D
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2004
2113 posts
79 upvotes
James Bond has the white numerals. Great POs BTW :cool:

Picking mine next week, same as emale's but a 45.5

Looking to get a SS bracelet for it...need to watch TZ and WUS for some good sales
WTB: TUBE of Bison and Antelope (Milk spot free)
Feb 17, 2007
892 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
I have the Kennath Cole Watch from USA $50 I think good deal. Because it is $200 retail price and people think you rich when you wear but you only pay $50 haha. I don't get why you people buy watch so expensive waste your money. $100 watch is very good already.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8993 posts
1532 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote: Since everyone is showing their PO's :D

And a SMP Chrono TI
Nice... i had a mid-size SMP which is way to small for me, so ended up giving it to my father. Love the SMP... and also love the steel bracelet. Omega makes the nicest and most comfortable bracelet on the market.
ricsad wrote: I have the Kennath Cole Watch from USA $50 I think good deal. Because it is $200 retail price and people think you rich when you wear but you only pay $50 haha. I don't get why you people buy watch so expensive waste your money. $100 watch is very good already.
exactly, why spend $50 when you can just use your cellphone?

trust me, you don't look rich wearing a $50 watch. A $50 watch is a $50 watch and if you think you are looking rich, you're deceiving yourself. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to spend lots of money, but you my friend are just fooling yourself.

That's like people asking me, why spend so much on the real thing when you can just buy a replica? Why do you need to buy a replica with the "brand name on it?" Cause you want to pretend that you can afford something nice?
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21362 posts
23637 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I originally had the SS SMP Chrono, but found it too heavy. After hunting for 2 years (it was like NIB) I found the titanium version and love it! I agree that Omega makes some of the nicest bracelets out there.

Some people just don't get it when it comes to watches and men. A watch is men jewelery. I don't buy my watches to show off. I bought them because I appreciate the heritage and craftsmanship. I'll bet you that a $50 watch keeps better time than mechanical, but that's not the point.
Sep 30, 2001
30147 posts
10132 upvotes
Toronto
ricsad wrote: I don't get why you people buy watch so expensive waste your money. $100 watch is very good already.
a ridiculous, and very tired, statement to make.

why spend $50 when you can get a watch for $20?
why spend $20 when you can get a watch for $1.99?

it's a luxury item. you might as well crap on shoes, jewelery, cars, clothes, art, video games, or any number of items not needed for sustaining life.

:mad:
Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Guru
Feb 14, 2006
10083 posts
1417 upvotes
lol, seeing these watches is making me think my PRC200 is total poop :o

Ah well, I still love it :) Very nice watches we've got here.
Jul 31, 2008
776 posts
2 upvotes
mcg wrote: lol, seeing these watches is making me think my PRC200 is total poop :o

Ah well, I still love it :) Very nice watches we've got here.
Maybe your PRC200 is a total poop. Mine is awesome. :mad: