Fashion & Beauty

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
TenzoR wrote:have a swatch currently and I love it. Light and durable.

However I'm looking to spend a good $200-300 (per watch) on a pair of watches (for me and my gf). I've looked everywhere but couldn't really decide. Is there a watch forum I can go to?
www.timezone.com
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13159 posts
3725 upvotes
Mississauga
Here's my main watch, a Movado, that I bought in Florence, Italy a few years ago for several hundred less than it costs here in Canada.

For casual occasions, I wear one of my Fossils - either the Chinese Big Tic or the "Stickman" Big Tic

Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
Talamasca wrote:Here's my main watch, a Movado, that I bought in Florence, Italy a few years ago for several hundred less than it costs here in Canada.
I found that European watches tend to have the price higher than in Europe. Must be the import price....
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
3250 posts
61 upvotes
Mississauga
Been wearing a fossil for the last 6 years or so.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2004
1708 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
i like breitling watches especially the chronographs. i almost bought one in hk but was unable to justify the cost. it would have been over 2000 canadian. it was half the price of what it would have been here. if no money was the object, it would be a patek philippe for sure, probably the 3940g model.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
6625 posts
1248 upvotes
Toronto
Talamasca wrote:Here's my main watch, a Movado, that I bought in Florence, Italy a few years ago for several hundred less than it costs here in Canada.

For casual occasions, I wear one of my Fossils - either the Chinese Big Tic or the "Stickman" Big Tic

Hey, i haven't seen this stick one in Canada? I went to fossil like a month ago. Did i missed it or its not available in Canada?
GTA Housing: Supply is the only Metrics that Matters ... until its solved.
Stay in the know - subscribe.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
peppy5 wrote:i like breitling watches especially the chronographs. i almost bought one in hk but was unable to justify the cost. it would have been over 2000 canadian. it was half the price of what it would have been here. if no money was the object, it would be a patek philippe for sure, probably the 3940g model.
That's about the right price...
However, I personally think breitling is starting get over-rated...such as Tag.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19696 posts
13554 upvotes
Ottawa
chatbox wrote:That's about the right price...
However, I personally think breitling is starting get over-rated...such as Tag.
I think Breitlings have always been overrated....they are the example of how not to make a dial that is easy to read. TAG has been churning out some interesting pieces lately, especially since they starting using the Zenith Calibre in some models. Too bad they are also overpriced...but fortunately, 30% off MSRP is usually easily attained.
Jun 8, 2004
50 posts
6 upvotes
can any one share their opinion"/? which watch would u like? protrek PRG60T or PRG70T and y?? please and thanks alot!
Aug 17, 2003
67 posts
19 upvotes
Ontario
I'm a fan of the classically styled Tag watches - the Targa Florio and Carrera Chronographs.

I also like that Omega 1938 Pilot's Watch.

At the moment I sport an enormously impractical aluminium Swatch (no luminous hands, no date). Just a chronograph that I've used once.

I have small wrists though, and that limits my choices, even if I did have the money. Like those Corum and IWC watches are like my wrist plus a half. I have wondered how those mid-size Omega Seamasters fit.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
3787 posts
67 upvotes

[IMG]http://www.movado.com/selector/large/0604679.jpg[/IMG]
amazing. you have exactly the same watch that i have--it was a gift from my wife, about five years ago.

i wear it about ten times a year. the other 355 days a year, i wear no watch at all.

i had wanted a movado since the 1980s, and i have to say that i am quite happy with it.

if i had to buy a new watch, i might consider an omega (dad had one, it was a classic)
Nov 29, 2003
500 posts
36 upvotes
Timex all the way...

S.
"The pain of discipline is far less than the pain of regret."
Jan 24, 2004
559 posts
133 upvotes
Cool. A watch thread!

I currently wear a Tag Heuer 2000 Exclusive for everyday. (got it as a grad gift).
A watch I've been looking at is the Tissot T-Touch but I can't justify getting it yet.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2004
3577 posts
499 upvotes
Richmond
[IMG]http://www.citizenwatch.com/collections ... 60_57e.jpg[/IMG]
My current main watch is this Citizen Eco-Drive. All stainless steel, and the face is a solar panel which serves to recharge the battery.

I have another stainless steel Citizen with a manual movement, but that one is more of a dress watch, and less sporty looking.

Next on the agenda is probably an Omega Seamaster.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
zeroace wrote:Cool. A watch thread!

I currently wear a Tag Heuer 2000 Exclusive for everyday. (got it as a grad gift).
A watch I've been looking at is the Tissot T-Touch but I can't justify getting it yet.
The T-Touch is nice...I thought about getting it once, but decided to save up for other watches.
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2004
10377 posts
1169 upvotes
Toronto
I've had 3 different Fossil Watches in the past 5 years. One Titanium, One Titanium Blue, and the Brain. I buy them mainly for the tin cans. haha. I'll probably look into a Movado when I go through Europe next year.
Ask me a question about ANYTHING here: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=692100
Apr 6, 2002
624 posts
153 upvotes
YVR
I am not really a watch lover, but my granpa gave me a patek phillip(however it spells) that he collected on my 18th Bday.

Haven't heard of that brand much, but according to my friend, it's quite a rare brand, so I guess it's worth mentioning.

Still have it on my wall, just put it in a frame-like thingy and have it as a decoration. I never wear it, cause it's quite an important gift (the last gift he gave before leaving us) and believe me, there couldn't be anyone else that lose more watches than I do. :D

So, in case needed, I just wear a Casio G-Shock, normally when I go outdoor. Has been with me for 5 years and still going strong.
Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)