Fashion & Beauty

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7398 posts
2413 upvotes
T dot 6
Patek Phillipe watches are very nice, very expensive watches. The Patek brand has a very strong reputation among collectors. You might want to get it appraised just to see whats its worth. A rare, vintage Patek Philipe in good condition can run well into the thousands. That is the perfect family airloom watch that you can pass down from generation to generation.

This Patek watch is going for $139,500 US on Ebay. Hmmm...Porsche 911 or wrist watch. Haha.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 4923830244
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
6461 posts
3 upvotes
I have a gold Tissot pocket hunter watch that I absolutely adore... costs less than a wrist watch because it's bigger so it's not as difficult to get access to the machinery, but still, it's beautiful. I'm afraid to wear it most of the time, so it sits in my china cabinet ;) I wear it for special occasions.
Sep 5, 2002
228 posts
2 upvotes
Cranbrook
My everyday watch was a gift from my wife 5-6 yrs ago as well. It is a Bulova Millenia Cu watch.

Very solid watch that hast let me donw yet. A good mix of a day to day watch and something that can be dressed up for going out as well.
Heatware-->MattGrass
Email-->thornaaron@shaw.ca
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13159 posts
3725 upvotes
Mississauga
Hey, i haven't seen this stick one in Canada? I went to fossil like a month ago. Did i missed it or its not available in Canada?
I got it for free (long story) from Fossil's head office in Canada but I've seen them for sale at the Fossil store at Square One in Mississauga. This was earlier this year so presumably they're still available. Alas, the Chinese Big Tic is no longer available at Fossil stores.
I like your movado...how much did it cost?
Thank you! I paid 1.1 million Italian lire (no tax) back in 2001, which was the equivalent of about $700 Canadian. Last time I checked locally, it was around $800-900 Canadian but then you'd have to add GST+PST, which would be an extra $120-135 to the cost if you're in Ontario like me. The model is called the Movado Jr. Sport if you're interested in getting one. I don't know why it's referred to as "Junior" as the face is quite large and impressive.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
GiC121 wrote:hmmm..
What's the hummm...for?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7398 posts
2413 upvotes
T dot 6
Here our my watches. Picked up the watch case on Ebay a while ago. Looked for a watch case all over GTA and couldnt find a single one, but that was years ago. My rarest watch is the bottom left, Capcom Clocktower 3 with LCD display and plastic band. :D

[IMG]http://members.rogers.com/jaytee1/images/watch2.jpg[/IMG]
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4327 posts
437 upvotes
Calgary
I've been wearing the Swatch watch my grampa left for me before he past away. Been wearing it 24/7 aside from when I'm taking a bath. Now the area where the watch is is lighter than the rest of the hand.
Dec 7, 2002
816 posts
Tag Heuer V4

That watch is really nice, though I doubt I'll be able to afford it. :evil:

In any case, I currently don't have a watch, I used to have several but I lost my old Casio Frogman, which was the one I wore most often.
Apr 4, 2004
489 posts
11 upvotes
Oakville
Funny Story:

About 15 years ago, my father gave me an old watch for me to wear while i was working at a warehosue during the summer. This was so i wouldn't damage my digital Seiko. One day a co-worker says I have a nice watch... I looked at him like he was on drugs. He told me it was an expensive make. I ignored him... Then one day I passed by La Swiss at a mall, and saw the same watch brand in the stores (i recognized the logo)... My father gave me a Breitling automatic to wear in the warehouse!!!!! I got it appraised, and in the worn-out, scratched condition that it is in, it's worth about $400. The appraiser said if I change the crystal, and clean it up a bit, it would be worth $600-700 easily. So I was wearing a $400 watch to protect a $100 digital Seiko!!! The seiko has since died (might only need a new battery).

Currently I've got 3 ESQ's, a Timex Ironman, a Mercedes Benz watch made by Tourneau, an Omega Constallation, and the Breitling.

My dream watch is the Brietling Navitimer...

FINALLY a watch forum where i can actually talk to people without them saying I'm crazy...
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2004
3983 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto
I don't know much about watches but I like the one I have. It's the Grand Seiko Chronometer Caliber 5722-9990 (http://www.roachman.com/private.html) sorry, don't have a digital camera.

It used to be my grandfathers but it just sat around the house after he passed away over 15 years ago. I just thought it looked cool a couple years back so I bought a leather cuff style band (original was lost) and am wearing it everyday. I have no clue how expensive it is though. Maybe I should stop wearing it just in case.

Anyone have more info about this watch?
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19696 posts
13554 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm not expert on it, but go to timezone.com and check out the Seiko forum....lot of Seiko fanatics there

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t= ... d=28&rid=0

They'll be able to tell you more about it if you provide the photos and model number.

Also, since it's pretty old it might need some TLC, some lubrication and overhaul.....with proper care, it could easily outlast you.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19696 posts
13554 upvotes
Ottawa
iamthehub wrote: FINALLY a watch forum where i can actually talk to people without them saying I'm crazy...
http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t= ... :1_5:1_3:0

Nobody there will say you're crazy (!)

That Seiko might be worth something too if it was one of the earlier ones. But yah, fix up that Breitling, maybe give it a tuneup, and enjoy. Nothing beats a passed down watch, watches can have more sentimental value that anything because chances are, you were wearing it in pivotal moments in your life.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19696 posts
13554 upvotes
Ottawa
mjl_toronto wrote:Thanks for the advice warpdrive!
No problem. Enjoy your beauty.
Dec 11, 2003
43 posts
iamthehub wrote:Funny Story:

FINALLY a watch forum where i can actually talk to people without them saying I'm crazy...
you can't possibly be refering to RFD. :) ..
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2003
1215 posts
216 upvotes
robattoronto wrote:Tissot T-Touch.
http://www.tissot.ch/tactile/lesite.html
The T Touch is pretty damn sweet ... I only wish that the digital faded into the watch face when not in use. It makes it look much classier ... much like the other Tissots available.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2003
1215 posts
216 upvotes
JeiJei wrote:I am not really a watch lover, but my granpa gave me a patek phillip(however it spells) that he collected on my 18th Bday.

Haven't heard of that brand much, but according to my friend, it's quite a rare brand, so I guess it's worth mentioning.
Ummmmm ... where did you say you lived again?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)