Fashion & Beauty

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3160 posts
1855 upvotes
Kingston
That the 23 jewel mechanism? My Seiko 5 is still keeping the same time as my Casio atomic watch after over 1 month.

I've decided I'm going to look at collecting watches under $300, I'm not too fussed about the bling of Rolex etc now that I can see what kind of quality you can get in watches in this price range. I'm incredibly impressed at the Seiko's quality.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17805 posts
5755 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
JC69 wrote: That the 23 jewel mechanism? My Seiko 5 is still keeping the same time as my Casio atomic watch after over 1 month.

I've decided I'm going to look at collecting watches under $300, I'm not too fussed about the bling of Rolex etc now that I can see what kind of quality you can get in watches in this price range. I'm incredibly impressed at the Seiko's quality.
Its 21 Jewels. Clear backing is sexy. 7S26B Japan movement.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3756 posts
12 upvotes
Paolo wrote:Why are they called the Olsen twins if they both have different last names? Mary Kate, and Ashley Olsen. Why are they not called the Kate Twins? or the Kate-Olsen twins? It's also fascinating how 2 kids from different parents looked identical and both played the role of baby michelle on full house and now 20 some years later, they still look identical.
THREE STARS AND A SUN
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
burnt_toast wrote: do those still work?
I don't know.. you'll have to ask the owners of those pics. ;)

But yeah, I used to have both way-back-when, but unfortunately my CFX-400 was stolen from my locker at the gym and my PacMan watch died a horrible drowning death while doing the dishes..
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3756 posts
12 upvotes
my purchase this weekend
[IMG]http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/7056 ... ainpl8.jpg[/IMG]
Paolo wrote:Why are they called the Olsen twins if they both have different last names? Mary Kate, and Ashley Olsen. Why are they not called the Kate Twins? or the Kate-Olsen twins? It's also fascinating how 2 kids from different parents looked identical and both played the role of baby michelle on full house and now 20 some years later, they still look identical.
THREE STARS AND A SUN
Banned
Jan 12, 2004
1465 posts
2 upvotes
burnt toast, nice find, from the crown, it must be an auto fossil?

anyone know where i can find a good HAMILTON dealer? looking to let them make some money off my sale....

[IMG]http://www.watchzworld.com/images/h77616533.gif[/IMG]

25 jewel, VALJOUX 7750.

[IMG]http://www.uhrenhandel.de/images/h7761633_10_1.jpg[/IMG]
☆The GTA's Finest All You Can Eat Sushi Reviews☆

☆美味しい☆美味しい☆
Sep 13, 2007
166 posts
1 upvote
damn there are some nice watches in here...

can't afford any nice ones yet...student = no fun toys

are designer watches any good? like guess, nautica etc...?
Oct 5, 2007
34 posts
gfong wrote: I have an Orange face Formula 1 Tag Heuer. I wear it daily and looks great IMO.
Promo pic
[IMG]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m316 ... 4eaab2.jpg[/IMG]

Actual pic
[IMG]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m316 ... 1c885d.jpg[/IMG]

Going to New York this month. Anyone know a place where I can get an authentic watch like this? I'll would like to get the one with a black face.

Also what's a good watch to buy and resell here in Canada? Preferably under $1500
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21465 posts
4880 upvotes
YUL
trueno92 wrote: burnt toast, nice find, from the crown, it must be an auto fossil?

anyone know where i can find a good HAMILTON dealer? looking to let them make some money off my sale....
European Jewellers in SQ1 or Eaton Center. Aviation World by the airport also sells them. Hamilton's are great bang for the buck watches.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3160 posts
1855 upvotes
Kingston
najibs wrote: European Jewellers in SQ1 or Eaton Center. Aviation World by the airport also sells them. Hamilton's are great bang for the buck watches.
What's that odd chart on the back of that Hamilton?
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1485 upvotes
Pickering
najibs wrote: European Jewellers in SQ1 or Eaton Center. Aviation World by the airport also sells them. Hamilton's are great bang for the buck watches.
There's also Vaughn Mills, but I can't remember the dealer. They are right outside Bass Pro. I looked at a Hamilton, but they were reallly thick and you could feel the rotor spinning, which may be annoying.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2005
10111 posts
1966 upvotes
Toronto
AudiDude wrote: I looked at a Hamilton, but they were reallly thick and you could feel the rotor spinning, which may be annoying.
Or you may actually like to feel your rotor spinning, like I can feel my Speedmaster Day-Date's as well. Kinda neat and reminds me my watch is "alive" and there.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17805 posts
5755 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
rfdrfd wrote: Or you may actually like to feel your rotor spinning, like I can feel my Speedmaster Day-Date's as well. Kinda neat and reminds me my watch is "alive" and there.
What is the price range for typical Hamilton watch?
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21465 posts
4880 upvotes
YUL
JC69 wrote: What's that odd chart on the back of that Hamilton?
For calculating speed of crosswinds.
weedb0y wrote: What is the price range for typical Hamilton watch?
$400 - $1000