Fashion & Beauty

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
1080 posts
1661 upvotes
Toronto
Actually La Difference randomly responded to me like 2.5 weeks after my message and started offering me a whole bunch of turd models (3 different DJ two-tone, full of diamonds, etc.) so I guess I’m making progress, lol.

They’re telling me they almost never see Oyster Perpetuals come in though… so I guess I need to look at trying to get a smooth bezel / oyster DJ36 or an Explorer instead. What do you guys think? I’m kinda iffy on the polished links on the DJ36 oyster bracelet as an everyday watch but I’ve only ever seen the jubilee in real life … maybe it’s not that bad?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
JuniorMint wrote: Actually La Difference randomly responded to me like 2.5 weeks after my message and started offering me a whole bunch of turd models (3 different DJ two-tone, full of diamonds, etc.) so I guess I’m making progress, lol.

They’re telling me they almost never see Oyster Perpetuals come in though… so I guess I need to look at trying to get a smooth bezel / oyster DJ36 or an Explorer instead. What do you guys think? I’m kinda iffy on the polished links on the DJ36 oyster bracelet as an everyday watch but I’ve only ever seen the jubilee in real life … maybe it’s not that bad?
Did they have any DJ41 Slate diamond?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2003
6659 posts
5441 upvotes
LaLaLand
JuniorMint wrote: Finally found time to go to La Difference. As expected, “nothing” in stock. They told me to text them but they don’t even bother responding to me. Probably just wanted to get me out of the store ASAP. I must look poor or like a low value client to them or something since I only asked about the OP. Expected not to be able to get a watch on my first try but it honestly feels like they don’t really care whether they’ve lost me as a customer or not, which is totally fine. Whole experience has really soured me on Rolex in general though.

I guess I should start looking at alternatives. Been thinking about Cartier Santos Medium or Aqua Terra now as alternative everyday watches.
There seems to be a lot of drama surrounding buying a Rolex and dealers. I tried to get a watch without a date, a perpetual or an explorer to no avail. I gave up after a few weeks.

I ended up getting a Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra with a rubber strap. There is a date on it but it is at the six o'clock position. Looks better than at the three o'clock position. Regardless, the date on mine is perpetually incorrect because I don't bother to change it. I'm very happy with it because it was an easy transaction. It was in stock and I got it right away.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2005
6559 posts
2085 upvotes
It's all just a game.

I don't think you did anything wrong to go with Omega instead.
Mar 21, 2022
74 posts
64 upvotes
JuniorMint wrote: Actually La Difference randomly responded to me like 2.5 weeks after my message and started offering me a whole bunch of turd models (3 different DJ two-tone, full of diamonds, etc.) so I guess I’m making progress, lol.

I always find the Jubilee bracelet to be a bit more comfortable and imo looks more dressy even though it has more links. However, with suits I only wear watches with straps. It probably will hide scratches better because of the 5 link design and how the links arch. Although, we're talking about very minor differences.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2015
5257 posts
4912 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I liked this watch when they announced them a few years back and the reviews are stellar for Bang for the Buck entry level Swiss Auto...

Just wondering if anyone has purchased one as those wide bracelets make my 8.25" wrist scared... I had watches with 24mm bracelets before but that has to be 35mm?

https://www.tissotwatches.com/en-ca/t1374071104100.html
Mar 30, 2013
440 posts
249 upvotes
Petawawa
Well,
I said no more cheap Seiko's. That didn't last long (and now they're doing GMTs?!). The brown dial and gilt got me. Always liked the new 40mm 62 re interpretations and when I was offered a decent price, jumped at it.

Tried to capture the sunburst but hard to see. It is much, much nicer in person. Perfect companion on a sunny day for a drive with the top down.
Images
  • Seiko_SPB.jpg
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2005
2659 posts
398 upvotes
Toronto
mrpricematch wrote: Well,
I said no more cheap Seiko's. That didn't last long (and now they're doing GMTs?!). The brown dial and gilt got me. Always liked the new 40mm 62 re interpretations and when I was offered a decent price, jumped at it.

Tried to capture the sunburst but hard to see. It is much, much nicer in person. Perfect companion on a sunny day for a drive with the top down.
My father has that exact same colourway and it is nice. Bezel action feels better than my Mini Turtle.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21465 posts
4880 upvotes
YUL
Got my Ginault Silent Service this past week.
Amazing watch for $1k.
Images
  • F5F05C96-0EBB-4D2A-8AD4-D52EC0672E3F.jpeg
  • A83C1724-38B7-4F3E-9597-33766FBC0517.jpeg
  • B105349A-D419-4386-98A7-C93A4DED83E5.jpeg
  • 87E7C89A-4D3F-4AB4-A3FA-85A949BA4D95.jpeg
Mar 30, 2013
440 posts
249 upvotes
Petawawa
N_Raged wrote: My father has that exact same colourway and it is nice. Bezel action feels better than my Mini Turtle.
Not a fan of the Seiko bezel action but I only have my Omega and Tudor to compare to. It is not as satisfying and the clicks are kinda vague. The Omega and Tudor are very ratchety with very little to no play / wiggle.
It would be interesting to compare a Seiko closer in price point to my SMP300. The time keeping on SPB143 / 147 are awful for a watch that retails for $1.3k I am about 12-15s ahead a day. However, a watch is more than the sum of its parts and it still gets a lot of wrist time. Especially now that it is on a strapcode bracelet.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)