Fashion & Beauty

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Member
Jun 4, 2013
459 posts
196 upvotes
Vancouver
notenoughsleep wrote: No love for E Honda, Dhalsim, Vega, Sagat and M Bison?
They might release them later. To milk more money out of us.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 8, 2005
5331 posts
1152 upvotes
notenoughsleep wrote: No love for E Honda, Dhalsim, Vega, Sagat and M Bison?
I love Street Fighter but I'm not 12 year old anymore so not gonna wear a video game watch.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15055 posts
12385 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mebiuspower wrote: I love Street Fighter but I'm not 12 year old anymore so not gonna wear a video game watch.
Well these aren't exactly priced for 12 year olds are they? Besides 12 year olds don't even know SF...
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 8, 2005
5331 posts
1152 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote: Well these aren't exactly priced for 12 year olds are they? Besides 12 year olds don't even know SF...
Exactly, they're for man childs with lots of action dolls or gundams at home. Not that I have anything against man childs.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15055 posts
12385 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mebiuspower wrote: How Dangerous Is It To Wear Your Watches In Public? (With Tips For Minimizing The Risks)
https://quillandpad.com/2020/08/29/how- ... -the-risks
This is dumb. Might as well not wear MK watches either since they look like blinged out Daytonas and in fact are way more noticeable by the general public. I've worn and will continue to wear my watches on my travels, unless I'm going somewhere questionable. It's all about being aware of your surroundings and not bringing attention to yourself.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 8, 2005
5331 posts
1152 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote: This is dumb. Might as well not wear MK watches either since they look like blinged out Daytonas and in fact are way more noticeable by the general public. I've worn and will continue to wear my watches on my travels, unless I'm going somewhere questionable. It's all about being aware of your surroundings and not bringing attention to yourself.
That's easy to say behind the keyboard. Pick pockets and the like usually travel in groups.

What are you actually going to do to protect yourself if they actually come after you? Do you carry a pencil like John Wick?
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15055 posts
12385 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mebiuspower wrote: That's easy to say behind the keyboard. Pick pockets and the like usually travel in groups.

What are you actually going to do to protect yourself if they actually come after you? Do you carry a pencil like John Wick?
So what's the point of the article? Don't wear one then?

And as I said, I wouldn't be wearing any of my "precious" watches in questionable areas to begin with. So these pro pick pockets can go nuts and try to take my Seiko Turtle.
Member
Jun 4, 2013
459 posts
196 upvotes
Vancouver
mebiuspower wrote: That's easy to say behind the keyboard. Pick pockets and the like usually travel in groups.

What are you actually going to do to protect yourself if they actually come after you? Do you carry a pencil like John Wick?
I travel with my crappy Casio $35 watch when I travel to rural areas. Is power by solar and since is made of hard and soft rubber It won't get damage. If it is stolen meh is only $35 and I had it for 10+ years When I travel to bigger cities I ten to wear my beater Sekio Pepsi. Again not too expensive.
Newbie
Jun 15, 2020
27 posts
55 upvotes
sponge5307 wrote: I travel with my crappy Casio $35 watch when I travel to rural areas. Is power by solar and since is made of hard and soft rubber It won't get damage. If it is stolen meh is only $35 and I had it for 10+ years When I travel to bigger cities I ten to wear my beater Sekio Pepsi. Again not too expensive.
This. Casio when travelling is great. Versatile and easy to wear, plus I won't have a panic attack if I lose it.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15055 posts
12385 upvotes
Richmond Hill
No talk about Rolexes "new" releases? My AD had 50 calls alone for the new Kermit LOLOLOL
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2006
1494 posts
423 upvotes
mebiuspower wrote: How Dangerous Is It To Wear Your Watches In Public? (With Tips For Minimizing The Risks)
https://quillandpad.com/2020/08/29/how- ... -the-risks
That's interesting. I usually follow those precautions, but it seems other travelers don't. I was in the Greek islands last summer and more people had a Rolex on (including women) than people without. I've only started bringing my non-beater watches to trips this year (Tudor Black Bay in Aruba, my cheapest watch at the time) and I would not take a Rolex abroad (if I had one).

Top