Fashion & Beauty

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13845 posts
4307 upvotes
Toronto
What's a good source for high quality leather straps and nato straps at good prices?
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13845 posts
4307 upvotes
Toronto
Asoul wrote: Probably because no one can get their hands on any.
What's the procedure for newbies to get themselves on waitlists for the new Rolexes, in Toronto?

Is it true that you have to have a relationship with the AD to even get on the list? Do you have to buy less popular models to be put on the waitlist for more popular Rolex models?

My most expensive watches have been Tissot or Steinhart so I'm new to this world.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15088 posts
12426 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Kurtz7834 wrote: What's the procedure for newbies to get themselves on waitlists for the new Rolexes, in Toronto?

Is it true that you have to have a relationship with the AD to even get on the list? Do you have to buy less popular models to be put on the waitlist for more popular Rolex models?

My most expensive watches have been Tissot or Steinhart so I'm new to this world.
Really hard to get onto a list now. From what I've seen though people have been having luck at Raffi in Yorkdale for Submariners, but you need to pay in full upfront. My AD doesn't put new clients on a list as they have too many loyal customers already and can't even fulfill those orders! I've been buying Rolex before they became super popular and have bought less desirable pieces in the past. I've been able to get pieces I want, but with some wait.

Basically hoping to purchase most professional series Rolex at MSRP is pretty much impossible.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14715 posts
2709 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Kurtz7834 wrote: What's the procedure for newbies to get themselves on waitlists for the new Rolexes, in Toronto?

Best to enjoy that Steinhart, the quality and feel is pretty darn close to Tudors.. waitlist on Rolex is just madness.
Oct 27, 2012
866 posts
837 upvotes
Toronto
EP32k2 wrote: Really hard to get onto a list now. From what I've seen though people have been having luck at Raffi in Yorkdale for Submariners, but you need to pay in full upfront. My AD doesn't put new clients on a list as they have too many loyal customers already and can't even fulfill those orders! I've been buying Rolex before they became super popular and have bought less desirable pieces in the past. I've been able to get pieces I want, but with some wait.

Basically hoping to purchase most professional series Rolex at MSRP is pretty much impossible.
This. There are not really "lists" in the traditional sense any more. How your name comes up is some kind of "relationship value" which is a mix of spend, the potential they see in you, how much they like you and just luck. Some ADs are more blatant with this and will tell you that you need to spend X to get Y and may even give it to you on the spot if you meet that condition. Each AD has its own quirks - my main guys have been excellent to me, with only a 2 month wait for SS BLRO and about a year for a SS Daytona and no crazy purchases to date.

I was able to get a SS Patek 5712 as a first time purchase from an AD in London almost 3 years ago now. The AD basically interviewed me for whether I fit their desired profile. A year later, they called with the watch available, and then gave me a stern warning to not resell it ever. Lol.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15088 posts
12426 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ozzie16 wrote: This. There are not really "lists" in the traditional sense any more. How your name comes up is some kind of "relationship value" which is a mix of spend, the potential they see in you, how much they like you and just luck. Some ADs are more blatant with this and will tell you that you need to spend X to get Y and may even give it to you on the spot if you meet that condition. Each AD has its own quirks - my main guys have been excellent to me, with only a 2 month wait for SS BLRO and about a year for a SS Daytona and no crazy purchases to date.

I was able to get a SS Patek 5712 as a first time purchase from an AD in London almost 3 years ago now. The AD basically interviewed me for whether I fit their desired profile. A year later, they called with the watch available, and then gave me a stern warning to not resell it ever. Lol.
Not bad. I waited just shy of 2 years for the Daytona LOL. I really like the 5712 in steel was a grail when it was still hovering around $60ish in the grey market and considered consolidating a few pieces for it. Insane how much these are now. Friend of mine picked one up about 8 years ago before the hype and got a discount LOLOLOL
Oct 27, 2012
866 posts
837 upvotes
Toronto
EP32k2 wrote: Not bad. I waited just shy of 2 years for the Daytona LOL. I really like the 5712 in steel was a grail when it was still hovering around $60ish in the grey market and considered consolidating a few pieces for it. Insane how much these are now. Friend of mine picked one up about 8 years ago before the hype and got a discount LOLOLOL
I remember grumbling about the price increase from when I started being on the list to when I actually collected the watch as PP increased the price in the UK multiple times due to the plunging pound from the Brexit fallout. Paid 21,200 GBP after the VAT refund.

MSRP has gone up quite a bit in the last 3 years - there's another one coming on October 1! MSRP in the US will be 45K USD!
Jul 17, 2018
400 posts
353 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: What's a good source for high quality leather straps and nato straps at good prices?
Martu leather for calf leathers, 7strap for exotic custom leathers (longgg wait times so be patient, best to use WhatsApp to message them), pattini for custom calf leathers. I've used all of them can't go wrong with any. I think I've spent $450 at 7strap this summer alone.

For NATOs, cheapestnatostraps is pretty darn affordable but not the greatest quality, still I've spent hundreds there. Blushark are my favorite overall even though they're pricy.
Jul 17, 2018
400 posts
353 upvotes
Been wearing this a lot lately. Took it swimming yesterday and chopped some trees down with it on today.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Nov 2, 2016
56 posts
29 upvotes
Currently wearing an oyster I bought like 8 years ago. Wanna get a new one but I dont wanna wait on a list. Are there any good canadian online dealers? Used is ok too I guess.