Fashion & Beauty

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13828 posts
4288 upvotes
Toronto
EP32k2 wrote: Really hard to get onto a list now. From what I've seen though people have been having luck at Raffi in Yorkdale for Submariners, but you need to pay in full upfront. My AD doesn't put new clients on a list as they have too many loyal customers already and can't even fulfill those orders! I've been buying Rolex before they became super popular and have bought less desirable pieces in the past. I've been able to get pieces I want, but with some wait.

Basically hoping to purchase most professional series Rolex at MSRP is pretty much impossible.
Thanks for the info. Paying in full upfront and waiting 2+ years (and then possibly having your spot canceled and money refunded) wouldn't be cool with me. I guess I will stick with Omega, Tudor and other brands.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13828 posts
4288 upvotes
Toronto
weedb0y wrote: Best to enjoy that Steinhart, the quality and feel is pretty darn close to Tudors.. waitlist on Rolex is just madness.
Thanks, Steinharts are really good "bang for the buck" watches.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13828 posts
4288 upvotes
Toronto
ozzie16 wrote: This. There are not really "lists" in the traditional sense any more. How your name comes up is some kind of "relationship value" which is a mix of spend, the potential they see in you, how much they like you and just luck. Some ADs are more blatant with this and will tell you that you need to spend X to get Y and may even give it to you on the spot if you meet that condition. Each AD has its own quirks - my main guys have been excellent to me, with only a 2 month wait for SS BLRO and about a year for a SS Daytona and no crazy purchases to date.

I was able to get a SS Patek 5712 as a first time purchase from an AD in London almost 3 years ago now. The AD basically interviewed me for whether I fit their desired profile. A year later, they called with the watch available, and then gave me a stern warning to not resell it ever. Lol.
Thanks for the info. I don't think I have the coin to get into the Rolex world.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13828 posts
4288 upvotes
Toronto
BuyNowAndThinkLater wrote: Martu leather for calf leathers, 7strap for exotic custom leathers (longgg wait times so be patient, best to use WhatsApp to message them), pattini for custom calf leathers. I've used all of them can't go wrong with any. I think I've spent $450 at 7strap this summer alone.

For NATOs, cheapestnatostraps is pretty darn affordable but not the greatest quality, still I've spent hundreds there. Blushark are my favorite overall even though they're pricy.
Thanks very much for the info, I will check out those retailers.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15020 posts
12344 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Ehulk101 wrote: Currently wearing an oyster I bought like 8 years ago. Wanna get a new one but I dont wanna wait on a list. Are there any good canadian online dealers? Used is ok too I guess.
You want to get a new OP? If so those are a lot easier to get.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15020 posts
12344 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Kurtz7834 wrote: Thanks for the info. I don't think I have the coin to get into the Rolex world.
Which one were you looking at getting?
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13828 posts
4288 upvotes
Toronto
EP32k2 wrote: Which one were you looking at getting?
Probably an Explorer or a Datejust. Was just curious and would need to save up $.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15020 posts
12344 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Kurtz7834 wrote: Probably an Explorer or a Datejust. Was just curious and would need to save up $.
Only DJ's hard to get would be 41mm SS with blue/white/black dials. Blue I think is near impossible LOL. Anything two tone or with diamonds or both will be easy. Explorer shouldn't be too bad either, will just have to wait a bit. Honestly best thing to do is just start visiting AD's and talk about watches. Show them that you are a true collector, not some hype buyer or flipper.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13828 posts
4288 upvotes
Toronto
EP32k2 wrote: Only DJ's hard to get would be 41mm SS with blue/white/black dials. Blue I think is near impossible LOL. Anything two tone or with diamonds or both will be easy. Explorer shouldn't be too bad either, will just have to wait a bit. Honestly best thing to do is just start visiting AD's and talk about watches. Show them that you are a true collector, not some hype buyer or flipper.
OK. Good to know. Thank you.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13828 posts
4288 upvotes
Toronto
Total change in topic, but I picked this up on Kijiji for $170 yesterday, mint condition, and I love it.
It has a sapphire crystal, alum bezel, Seiko NH35 movement and the best lume I have ever seen on any watch. The lume is better than my Steinhart and most of my Seikos. I think they are Chinese made and it's a homage / clone but I'm seriously impressed. I wasn't familiar with Heimdallr watches previously.

https://www.heimdallr.watch/dive-watche ... shark.html
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1854 posts
1093 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: Total change in topic, but I picked this up on Kijiji for $170 yesterday, mint condition, and I love it.
It has a sapphire crystal, alum bezel, Seiko NH35 movement and the best lume I have ever seen on any watch. The lume is better than my Steinhart and most of my Seikos. I think they are Chinese made and it's a homage / clone but I'm seriously impressed. I wasn't familiar with Heimdallr watches previously.
Thought that was the lovechild of an old and new Christopher Ward Trident C60 at first glance
Jul 17, 2018
399 posts
351 upvotes
Dollarama sells these $4 cutlery trays in bamboo. So after a trip to the fabric store I turned it into a watch valet.
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

ShoNuff