Fashion & Beauty

watch lovers....what's your favorite watch?

Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7589 posts
1085 upvotes
Toronto
Went shopping with wifey and she wanted something nice for her wrist.
Ended up with this.

Been looking for a gmt myself. But no luck.
Images
  • DSC_2070.JPG
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15011 posts
12333 upvotes
Richmond Hill
PCDawg wrote: Went shopping with wifey and she wanted something nice for her wrist.
Ended up with this.

Been looking for a gmt myself. But no luck.
Nice. DJ's must have a fluted bezel IMO. Curious, any discount on this piece?
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2006
1493 posts
423 upvotes
Anyone know if the new 41mm OP models are readily available in stores? How about the 39mm Explorer I's??
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
5059 posts
2283 upvotes
Vancouver
sponge5307 wrote: I would never buy something this expensive on online especially from Ebay or amazon. I did buy a few watches from amazon but is less than $500.
I bought my manual-wind Zenith El Primero from eBay as it was hard to find elsewhere. Brought it to my local AD for servicing and good as new! Even after factoring tax/duty and cost of servicing, it was still $1000 cheaper than anywhere else!
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2013
1021 posts
397 upvotes
My gshock ga2100 just got a 5mm scratch on the face, which I believe is plastic. I can easily feel it with my fingernail. Can it be repaired DIY? Or should I not bother? I understand it's a very cheap watch compared to most of what you have. I thought of getting a bull bar, but too late now.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13825 posts
4279 upvotes
Toronto
n0thing wrote: My gshock ga2100 just got a 5mm scratch on the face, which I believe is plastic. I can easily feel it with my fingernail. Can it be repaired DIY? Or should I not bother? I understand it's a very cheap watch compared to most of what you have. I thought of getting a bull bar, but too late now.
Polywatch may be able to remove it, it's a special polishing compound that works best on plastic / acrylic watch faces.

You can also try toothpaste.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20900 posts
3354 upvotes
YUL
A little over a week ago, I placed an order for the new Smiths Everest from Timefactors. Apparently it sold out in 7 minutes. My order was placed 4 minutes after it went live and I'm looking at 4 weeks for delivery...the wait begins....
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7589 posts
1085 upvotes
Toronto
EP32k2 wrote: Nice. DJ's must have a fluted bezel IMO. Curious, any discount on this piece?
Thanks.

My wife was looking at getting just a Stainless steel version at first, but the rhodium dial caught our eye. The fluted bezel really shines under the light.

Unfortunately, they couldn’t do any discount on the watch. We don’t know the sales associate or dealt with this AD as we didn’t have an appointment. We just walked in, she fell in love with it and took it home.
Jul 17, 2018
399 posts
351 upvotes
najibs wrote: A little over a week ago, I placed an order for the new Smiths Everest from Timefactors. Apparently it sold out in 7 minutes. My order was placed 4 minutes after it went live and I'm looking at 4 weeks for delivery...the wait begins....
I also ordered an everest the same time as you. Haven't heard anything about my order yet so hopefully he ships it out soon. My order also went through 4 minutes after opening