watches that dont ever go out of style

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2022 11:13 am
[OP]
Jun 9, 2020
109 posts
45 upvotes

watches that dont ever go out of style

what would you say is a watch that wont ever go out of style. i only want spend 1500 or less. iconic looks that always in style.
27 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
12824 posts
1871 upvotes
Toronto
It all depends on your personal tastes. Don't let somebody else tell you what you should wear. What do you like?

A clean dress-style watch will never go out of style, nor will a diver-style watch. All depends on the situation, your wardrobe, your own tastes.
Deal with it.
Nov 9, 2020
189 posts
110 upvotes
Agree. And you also got the sporty, middle of the road style. To understand which looks are timeless, look at the Omega Seamaster lines, Speedmaster lines, Rolex Explorer and Submariner lines, Heuer 1000, Breitling Chronomat, just to name a few. Then work backwards to see which entry level brands will give you that look.

For example, the JLC Reverso is timeless, but the Hamilton Boulton can have similar feel.

Keep in mind taste will change so you may find something more appealing as the years go by.
[OP]
Jun 9, 2020
109 posts
45 upvotes
btw my budget is under 1k . tissot , hamilton, a cheap swisss automatic
Nov 9, 2020
189 posts
110 upvotes
monchichipower wrote: btw my budget is under 1k . tissot , hamilton, a cheap swisss automatic
Right. Not saying you need to get a Rolex to get the Submariner look, but you need to know which designs and styles appeal to you the most. Then see which brands offer those looks. For example, a robust Alpina 300 m automatic dive watch, if you look hard enough, is around $600 before tax. Try to look into micro brands too. Stein hart got some nice Submarine-style dive watches. So does Christopher Ward.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2005
6142 posts
1732 upvotes
KorruptioN wrote: Partly because you can actually buy it.
Well, I know 2 people that have them and they both own rolexes... the quality is VERY close between the two.
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
12824 posts
1871 upvotes
Toronto
mebiuspower wrote: Well, I know 2 people that have them and they both own rolexes... the quality is VERY close between the two.
IMO the biggest difference for me is that the Steinhart (with its ETA 2893 or derivative) doesn't have a local jumping hour hand. The Rolex would give you that functionality.
Deal with it.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
3673 posts
2992 upvotes
Southern Ontario
monchichipower wrote: btw my budget is under 1k . tissot , hamilton, a cheap swisss automatic
Tissot Visodate Automatic is a very nice, classic styled watch that will go with everything (for big or small wrist). I also like their Seastar Automatic (large wrist only).

Hamilton has numerous classic styles, like the Jazzmaster, Aviation, Navy watches... tons to choose from. An automatic might push your price limit to the brink but you can get a discount at an AD if you ask.

The watches I've listed here are MSRP of around $750-1200 CDN. You can also accessorize a stainless steel watch and put on Leather/Croc/Nato straps to change it up a bit. You are not limited to what you buy at the store.

Aug 26, 2014
4 posts
2 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
Watched James bond movies couple days ago. Buy OMEGA watch. They are so nice
Sep 4, 2007
700 posts
248 upvotes
p266civic wrote: Watched James bond movies couple days ago. Buy OMEGA watch. They are so nice
Most Omega watches are actually available in store. Who would've imagined that would one day be a key selling feature?
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
4194 posts
418 upvotes
This watch for sure.

Save over $1400.

It's iconic, timeless, functional and economical. No need to go swiss.
Images
  • L1260547.jpg
Feb 24, 2018
772 posts
467 upvotes
Minimalist silver dial quartz watch with a moderate size of 36-40mm and a brown or black leather strap....it'd cost like $150 or less lol and look fairly dressy assuming it's a decent finish (Bulova, Citizen, Seiko or Pulsar, I've even seem some nice looking Casio MTP series ones of that style).
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2013
1524 posts
640 upvotes
Vancouver
Seiko pepsi. Never out of style and you have can lot's of fun changing the strap.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
6209 posts
990 upvotes
Toronto
RastaManMax wrote: This watch for sure.

Save over $1400.

It's iconic, timeless, functional and economical. No need to go swiss.
New digi watches got nothing on this ... Samsung / Apple : 1 Day charge pshhh lol
GTA Housing: Supply is the only Metrics that Matters
Active Listings has been the limiting factor for past 10 years.... and will be for next 10
Hence I pull exclusive data from MLS and update GTA HOUSING SUPPLY - Daily!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)