Home & Garden

water leak sensor

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 13th, 2021 1:37 am
18 replies
Sep 28, 2012
168 posts
327 upvotes
I have the d-link one. It works very well. I recommend it. I paid $40 for it. $115 doesn't seem a realistic price for it. I think I've seen it at Costco as a two pack.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1382 posts
264 upvotes
GTA
av10000 wrote: I have the d-link one. It works very well. I recommend it. I paid $40 for it. $115 doesn't seem a realistic price for it. I think I've seen it at Costco as a two pack.
Costco has it now online for 99.99 for the pack of 2 (regular price)
Hope they have it in store with cheaper price.

You paid 40 for a pack of two or a single one? How's the battery life BTW?
Deal Addict
May 23, 2006
1714 posts
719 upvotes
Vancouver
A sensor for $40 each seems pricey.
5 bathrooms, 2 kitchens, 1 laundry room would need 8x sensors
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1382 posts
264 upvotes
GTA
Fantastical wrote: A sensor for $40 each seems pricey.
5 bathrooms, 2 kitchens, 1 laundry room would need 8x sensors
They have iHome for 30 bucks at BB (always go on-sale once in a while), but not recommended tho...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5534 posts
2000 upvotes
Wat
Are those the only choices? I use the smartthings water sensor, and pretty happy with them.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21701 posts
17374 upvotes
Markham
I have non-smart versions...paid $5 each I think. I might do some quick work and buy some myself.

These things shouldn't cost this much.

Quick search: $15 from Aliexpress...if you can wait for shipping. Not saying this one is good, just quoting pricing.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000126 ... hweb201603_
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Aug 23, 2014
478 posts
264 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I have non-smart version as well, Zircon brand $12@ (below). Works well for my use case. There’s always someone home so this will suffice. I’m planning on getting the Flo Moen auto valve shutoff eventually, plus sensors, when I start travelling again.

https://www.amazon.ca/Zircon-68318-Cont ... 175&sr=8-2
Jul 25, 2013
330 posts
321 upvotes
Toronto
i have the ring leak sensor......tested and worked great....haven't had the luck to test it in a real situation lol......i also have the ring alarm so it made sense. doesn't make sense if you don't have the ring alarm as you will need to buy that too for it to work.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6795 posts
2504 upvotes
YEG
Valve and 5 sensors for $450 is a much better price than Moen's $700 valve with zero sensors. It's good to see the price of these going down. Now, someone needs to combine Flo's constant flow detection with Sinope's wireless sensors in a single unit in the $500 range.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA
Jun 10, 2003
806 posts
214 upvotes
Halifax
Ive got the sinope one and it appears to be well built. No range issues with the sensors, valve seems to be good quality and it takes about 8 seconds once the sensor goes off to see flow reduced which is good to me. I got some 3/4" npt sharkbites and had it installed in under 10 minutes.

I just synced the sensors with the valve so I cant comment on the smart phone app side of things.
Jun 10, 2003
806 posts
214 upvotes
Halifax
rf134a wrote: Valve and 5 sensors for $450 is a much better price than Moen's $700 valve with zero sensors. It's good to see the price of these going down. Now, someone needs to combine Flo's constant flow detection with Sinope's wireless sensors in a single unit in the $500 range.
According to the manual there is supposted to be a flow sensor add on coming for the sinope valve, its "comming soon" on their website.
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11955 posts
3699 upvotes
Kingston
gr8dlr wrote: Quick search: $15 from Aliexpress...if you can wait for shipping. Not saying this one is good, just quoting pricing.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000126 ... hweb201603_
I've ordered the Smartthings compatible version of these Tuya units on recommendation from a fellow RFDer who had them and was happy with them.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1478 posts
521 upvotes
GTA
Infiniti2011 wrote: i have the ring leak sensor......tested and worked great....haven't had the luck to test it in a real situation lol......i also have the ring alarm so it made sense. doesn't make sense if you don't have the ring alarm as you will need to buy that too for it to work.
If you're getting a home insurance discount for the alarm and you didn't have flood sensors at that time, get a new insurance certificate from Ring as it'll now show you have flood monitoring. I was able to save even more money after adding flood sensors (my discount is now completely paying for the annual monitoring fee).
Deal Addict
May 23, 2006
1714 posts
719 upvotes
Vancouver
Looks like samsung stop manufacturing the water sensor?

What's the best overall sensor + water shutoff? i need ~7 sensors in my home. thanks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)