• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2016 9:03 pm
[OP]
Aug 22, 2012
206 posts
130 upvotes
Mark Town

Water meter gaskets where to buy in GTA

Last weekend when I put up foam board on the wall, the water meter got disturbed and developed a small leak around the connector. Called the city and was told that it is my responsibility :razz: . Fortunately the shutoff valve still works so I took out the water meter and found the problem is in the gasket.

I am not willing to pay a plumber for a 50 cent gasket so I started to find a replacement. I already went to Home depot, Lowes and Noble. They do not have it. Ordered a bag from China but has to wait for 30 days. Anyone knows that I can get one local in GTA?
4 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10020 posts
880 upvotes
Toronto
use plumbers thread tape to hold you over for now, and keep an eye of it everyday .
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
2492 posts
1459 upvotes
Alliston, ON
Try Wolseley.. Or if you want to travel to Barrie, try Wamco
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
6815 posts
2359 upvotes
GTA
sherwoodRFD wrote: Last weekend when I put up foam board on the wall, the water meter got disturbed and developed a small leak around the connector. Called the city and was told that it is my responsibility :razz: . Fortunately the shutoff valve still works so I took out the water meter and found the problem is in the gasket.
You can use a flat o ring that's 3/16 thick or so...its a bit tricky to line up but once its done it won't leak.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2008
2474 posts
170 upvotes
You have to buy the tail piece at Noble in order to get the washers. It comes as a kit for $25. I know this for a fact because I bought a kit to fix my own leak. Unfortunately you can't buy the washers separately.

Or, call Neptune and see if they can give you some for free. Their technicians carry them in their vans.