• Feb 14th, 2020 2:52 pm
[OP]
Nov 9, 2009
698 posts
136 upvotes
East York

Waterproofing Basement Recommendations - East York

Hi,

Can anyone recommend affordable waterproofing contractor in Toronto/East York area.

A ballpark of cost would be great

Most likely need two sides of the house waterproofed
- front of the house which is 18.4ft and side 27.6ft

I've heard it's more cost effective to waterproof from the inside which would be okay for the front of the house. However, seems like the worst leakage is coming from the side of the house (under the stairs)

Thanks!
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
2044 posts
178 upvotes
York Region
The best is to have it done on the outside, I have mine done last year for about $100-$120/ft. Smaller job like yours may course a little bit more.
Nov 30, 2010
254 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
Mud monkeys! I also live in EY. You should waterproof from the outside if possible. Make sure all downspouts are far away from the house and that you have good grading on your lot(those old houses have sunken and settled over the years which can cause a negative grade)
[OP]
Nov 9, 2009
698 posts
136 upvotes
East York
tsatsa wrote: The best is to have it done on the outside, I have mine done last year for about $100-$120/ft. Smaller job like yours may course a little bit more.
who did your waterproofing?
[OP]
Nov 9, 2009
698 posts
136 upvotes
East York
thompson12 wrote: Mud monkeys! I also live in EY. You should waterproof from the outside if possible. Make sure all downspouts are far away from the house and that you have good grading on your lot(those old houses have sunken and settled over the years which can cause a negative grade)
thanks - I'll reach out to them. How much did yours cost?
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
3363 posts
938 upvotes
Ancaster
We had RCC Waterproofing do a minor fix years ago and were happy with them.

A good friend of mine then used them about two years later for an exterior waterproofing job (did half of the exterior wall dimensions) and he was very pleased with the work and the price was reasonable.

https://www.rccwaterproofing.com/