Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2226 posts
557 upvotes
Toronto

Way fair sofas good quality?

Anyone have a sofa from wayfair? Is it good quality? I’m worried about it being able to hold up to 3 rambunctious boys. Any other suggestions for really good quality sectional sofas thanks guys
6 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1638 posts
964 upvotes
Toronto
Heavenleigh85 wrote: Anyone have a sofa from wayfair? Is it good quality? I’m worried about it being able to hold up to 3 rambunctious boys. Any other suggestions for really good quality sectional sofas thanks guys
Wayfair doesn't make any furniture. They are a digital e-commerce platform that sells furniture from various suppliers (over 10,000).
When buying from Wayfair I suggest you read the product reviews and avoid anything with consistently bad user reviews. Even items with good reviews can be hit or miss though (fake reviews are always a possibility).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2226 posts
557 upvotes
Toronto
VertigoM wrote: Wayfair doesn't make any furniture. They are a digital e-commerce platform that sells furniture from various suppliers (over 10,000).
When buying from Wayfair I suggest you read the product reviews and avoid anything with consistently bad user reviews. Even items with good reviews can be hit or miss though (fake reviews are always a possibility).
Oh ok any suppliers you know are good?
May 23, 2006
762 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver
I was shopping for furniture; i checked their price...it doesn't seem cheap...and you don't get to see or touch the furniture before you buy.

Like the previous reply, it it a platform that is sourcing the supplies from many different places....so the quality can be hit or miss.....no brand gurantee.

Is there any reasons why you want to buy from Wayfair?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9322 posts
1731 upvotes
Toronto
A lot of people seem to buy from wayfair because of the shipping to your door.
I won't be surprised many of it is returned because it broke in transit, customer dissatisfaction etc.
Your price point would help others direct you to other sources.
Furniture in Canada is a gamble and seems poorly made in general.
Unless you get into the $4k and $5k pieces maybe.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2226 posts
557 upvotes
Toronto
Fantastical wrote: I was shopping for furniture; i checked their price...it doesn't seem cheap...and you don't get to see or touch the furniture before you buy.

Like the previous reply, it it a platform that is sourcing the supplies from many different places....so the quality can be hit or miss.....no brand gurantee.

Is there any reasons why you want to buy from Wayfair?
Bought a few things on there that I liked just never a sofa
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2010
1273 posts
699 upvotes
ottawa
We bought a loveseat and sofa from Wayfair a couple years back now. Delivery was great and the quality was pretty good, most pieces solid wood, some plywood but no OSB. Beats the sofa my cousin got from Leon's that was twice the price, he actually snapped the arm off of it as part of the support was made from MDF (which, why?). But anyways their customer service is what keeps me going back, we bought an office chart that had a small tear in the arm rest, they sent an entire new chair.

I'd definitely wait for a decent sale 30-50% considering they always run sales and their original MSRP is marked up. You can also reverse image google search the product to find the real manufacturer and maybe get some more reviews on other sites.