• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2020 5:50 pm
Tags:
[OP]
May 21, 2016
64 posts
5 upvotes

On Wayfair

I bought a few things from them on Dec 15. From then I got at least 30 emails so far. I unsubscribed from all the emails just after 2 days but they still didn't stop.

My shipment was supposed to be on 18th December now it is 19th of January (!!). On top of it, prices of all the items lowered significantly but they won't refund. I am just wondering how they are doing business with sub par quality products, very sloppy customer service and exorbitant price for the junks?

Never again!
Last edited by foodieInTown on Dec 30th, 2020 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
6829 posts
3806 upvotes
Mississauga
There aren’t many options for home decor these days, with places like Homesense and Pier One having gone belly up.

Plus my understanding of Wayfair is it’s a drop-shipper who is at the mercy of its suppliers.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
6164 posts
5497 upvotes
Vancouver
mrweather wrote: There aren’t many options for home decor these days, with places like Homesense and Pier One having gone belly up.

Plus my understanding of Wayfair is it’s a drop-shipper who is at the mercy of its suppliers.
Homesense has not gone 'belly up'.

Ron.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
6829 posts
3806 upvotes
Mississauga
maketherightmove wrote: I think he meant Home Outfitters.
Yes, thanks that’s what I meant. I knew it was Home something-or-other.

My point is, alternatives to Wayfair are becoming fewer and far between.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
3855 posts
2602 upvotes
Edmonton
Be careful with pricing at Wayfair. They are selling a certain electric kettle at $88.99. Home Hardware currently has the identical kettle on sale at $39.97 with a regular price of $59.99.
Dec 28, 2020
10 posts
10 upvotes
I swore off Wayfair after they dropped off a nearly 100-pound TV stand in my condo's lobby this summer leaving me to find a way to lug it upstairs. It was down there for days. To add insult to injury, the TV stand was missing a crucial part, so I had to wait for that part to arrive before I could piece everything together. It seems like they're operating with half a brain over there.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
20295 posts
4825 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
I ordered a rug from WayFair recently and it came and was delivered exactly as expected, within the correct timeframe. And I am very happy with the rug.
I sent them an e-mail question about the shipping and they actually phoned me within minutes to explain the situation.
My experience was great!
- casual gastronomist -
[OP]
May 21, 2016
64 posts
5 upvotes
starchoice wrote: Be careful with pricing at Wayfair. They are selling a certain electric kettle at $88.99. Home Hardware currently has the identical kettle on sale at $39.97 with a regular price of $59.99.
This. I found most of the prices are jacked up. I am not going back there.
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
12372 posts
1226 upvotes
Brampton
starchoice wrote: Be careful with pricing at Wayfair. They are selling a certain electric kettle at $88.99. Home Hardware currently has the identical kettle on sale at $39.97 with a regular price of $59.99.
foodieInTown wrote: This. I found most of the prices are jacked up. I am not going back there.
Disappointing considering the store has the adjective fair as their name. However the price may not be fair at all, let alone Wayfair. Sounds more like Notfair to me.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2010 posts
1107 upvotes
I bought close to $1000 worth of goods at WF and everything went smooth. Granted this was 2017 when they were getting more and more popular for Canadians, so maybe their CS was good back then.

Re: prices - you're an RFDer, you should be good in researching your stuff online. Nobody is forcing you to buy from them. No idea why people cry about x store is selling an item when x store sells it for cheaper.