Home & Garden

Wayfair.ca uses fedex but is saying postal strike could cause delays?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2018 10:47 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
3161 posts
421 upvotes
Mississauga

Wayfair.ca uses fedex but is saying postal strike could cause delays?

I had a package showing a scheduled delivery of Dec 11th that came and went and it is in a fed ex location in woodbridge for past 2 days.

I did a facebook with wayfair and they blamed the postal strike and for me to sit tight. no updates.

Is fed ex impacted by the strike with backlog? I prob would not have ordered if they were going to not deliver by the date on the site. "Get it by xxxx"
5 replies
Jul 21, 2013
164 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
We just waited over two weeks for a Wayfair delivery because of the delays at Fedex.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2003
1410 posts
233 upvotes
Grimsby
The postal disruption caused many to move elsewhere for shipping no doubt. Also it is closing on Christmas so a massive increase in shipments would be quite normal.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
2550 posts
1047 upvotes
Mississauga
All courier companies are impacted one way or another as some packages meant for Canada Post are being routed to them. Uptick in packages due to black friday and christmas doesn't help.

UPS alerted very early of temporary adjustments to domestic service due to the strike. I haven't been following but FedEx might have done thesame.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1096 posts
52 upvotes
Ajax
Be patient with Wayfair and package delays, especially during this time of year.

I've experienced a couple of issues with them in similar scenarios and they have always corrected the solution, ultimately, to my benefit.
Oh boy, Buffalo testicles!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
3161 posts
421 upvotes
Mississauga
SLOGAN wrote: Be patient with Wayfair and package delays, especially during this time of year.

I've experienced a couple of issues with them in similar scenarios and they have always corrected the solution, ultimately, to my benefit.
I hear you just they should warn the web site of this u can't place an order then have it up till the day it starts getting delayed say Dec 11th.