1871 upvotes
Vancouver
Got the exact same one used off marketplace for free, great for storage
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3253 posts
1760 upvotes
West Coast
Love how the listing title shows Louisa Leather Storage Ottoman, but then you go to the details and it shows: Upholstery Material: Faux leather. Guess "Louisa Faux Leather Storage Ottoman" doesn't have the same marketing zing to it
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
2563 posts
66 upvotes
i think $100 should be the regular price
Feb 4, 2007
621 posts
434 upvotes
Richfields wrote: Love how the listing title shows Louisa Leather Storage Ottoman, but then you go to the details and it shows: Upholstery Material: Faux leather. Guess "Louisa Faux Leather Storage Ottoman" doesn't have the same marketing zing to it
Unfortunately the case for 99% of "leather" products you see advertised online :(
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2023 posts
1871 upvotes
Montréal
Wouldnt pay more than 40$ For this low quality disposable furniture
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
10003 posts
3341 upvotes
Mysticode wrote: Unfortunately the case for 99% of "leather" products you see advertised online :(
I don't think so. If it is real leather it normally says in the title. If it is faux the title would normally just say "Ottoman"
Feb 26, 2007
225 posts
268 upvotes
Richfields wrote: Love how the listing title shows Louisa Leather Storage Ottoman, but then you go to the details and it shows: Upholstery Material: Faux leather. Guess "Louisa Faux Leather Storage Ottoman" doesn't have the same marketing zing to it
Took the words right out of my mouth! Faux leather, ewww!
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1242 posts
1871 upvotes
Vancouver
Faux leather should be illegal.

Once it starts becoming unbonded and flakes, it is not economical to repair and goes straight to the dump.

Super wasteful
Feb 11, 2021
32 posts
44 upvotes
I'm looking for a good deal on an Ottoman but this one is quite small, especially the height at only 13 inches tall. So I'll have to keep looking, but thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1623 posts
2063 upvotes
Too many whining about faux leather. Have an upvote, OP
Mar 10, 2012
766 posts
1349 upvotes
PEACHLAND
danascully wrote: Faux leather should be illegal.

Once it starts becoming unbonded and flakes, it is not economical to repair and goes straight to the dump.

Super wasteful
You're painting with a pretty broad brush there. Some vegan leather holds up as well as real leather. Probably not for $90 though.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2271 posts
1646 upvotes
These are pretty common at around $100 .. these low end "fast fashion" furnitures can be found in places like kitchen stuff plus, bouclair or home sense.

Also ignore the regular price as wayfair marks up pricing and has these sales 365 days of the year.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1242 posts
1871 upvotes
Vancouver
2003fxdl wrote: You're painting with a pretty broad brush there. Some vegan leather holds up as well as real leather. Probably not for $90 though.
Let me be more precise, bonded fake leather
Nov 28, 2013
111 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
danascully wrote: Faux leather should be illegal.

Now they are using foxes for leather furniture?

Nauga's were hunted to extinction in the early 70's. Just for their hydes.

Farm raised Vinyls are likely to be banned under the new climate initiatives.
Nov 28, 2013
111 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
2003fxdl wrote: You're painting with a pretty broad brush there. Some vegan leather holds up as well as real leather. Probably not for $90 though.

Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2023 posts
1871 upvotes
Montréal
Honestly, I once recovered some bonded leather couches with marine vinyl. It looked great and according to the guy it would last forever. Unless you are gonna get high end leather stuff I would choose anything else. Leather is one of those things where you get what you pay for.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
2426 posts
698 upvotes
Lévis
At least they were honest enough to specify it's faux leather. Not every store or manufacturer do that... Winking Face

Wayfair is having a great sale right now which is supposed to be a really great sale. Alsmost nothing on RFD. I guess it means something...
Pourquoi pas?
Feb 22, 2011
163 posts
111 upvotes
Richmond Hill
SPARTACVS wrote: At least they were honest enough to specify it's faux leather. Not every store or manufacturer do that... Winking Face

Wayfair is having a great sale right now which is supposed to be a really great sale. Alsmost nothing on RFD. I guess it means something...
Cursory search on RFD reveals that they had a "Wayfair Day" back in September. That said, I am almost tempted to pick up a rolling laptop stand.