• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2021 9:22 am
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 27, 2021
384 posts
467 upvotes

Wayfair Sofas....what's the story?

There's pretty good sale prices going on right now, but reviews are a little over the place and quality seems hit or miss? Photos are highly photoshopped in and there are several sofas that are literally identical but different 'brand names' and difference prices.

What's the story? Avoid like the plague? Gamble for quality?

I cancelled my Noa sofa order after realizing it doesn't fit size-wise along with other furniture pieces, looking for 58-66" wide sofas now and there's some good looking ones on Wayfair for $500-600.

My last resort choice I may just go with Cozey. Cozey's fabric is a tad bit rougher for tastes but I can use throw blankets and cushions anyways.
Long Time RFDer / restarting life
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2001
5753 posts
1326 upvotes
rural ontario
Wayfair is just another amazon.. they don't make anything. so you have to depend on the sellers data to make a choice - so hit and miss. Its hard to buy something like a sofa if you cant actually see and sit in it.

I have a Cozey click-clack sofa, happy with it.
72 69 6c 6c 65 73
[OP]
Mar 27, 2021
384 posts
467 upvotes
rilles wrote: Wayfair is just another amazon.. they don't make anything. so you have to depend on the sellers data to make a choice - so hit and miss. Its hard to buy something like a sofa if you cant actually see and sit in it.

I have a Cozey click-clack sofa, happy with it.
Thanks! Really leaning towards Cozey now.
Jul 14, 2017
360 posts
53 upvotes
Ontario
We bought a large computer desk a while ago from Wayfair and after some checking around later,I found the exact same desk,but a different maker(Sauder?) and it was like $200.00 cheaper than Wayfair...I complained to Wayfair and was told that it was out of their control?! HB
Aug 31, 2005
491 posts
124 upvotes
@rilles
@RestartRFD
How do you feel about your cozey sofa now after having it awhile.
Looking to purchase.
Thanks

PS
@Huck50 & @restartRFD
Noticed the same on WayFair so despite wanting to order desks, rugs andnother things haven't pulled the trigger.
Not sure if anyone else has the same experience?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2001
5753 posts
1326 upvotes
rural ontario
I have a dinky sized click-clack sofa that an adult could not sleep on unless they are short.

That being said, I bought it because it was a small sofa that could fit snugly onto the wall in my basement gym. It works perfectly for its intended use and seems decent quality.
72 69 6c 6c 65 73
Dec 29, 2019
258 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I use Wayfair mostly for open box items or when I can't find cheaper from Amazon etc. A lot of their studf is more expensive than Walmart for similar comparable products.

I think they have a bunch of similar sellers, maybe a bunch of foreign companies listing their offbrand/rebranded basic furniture, but sometimes the descriptions will be the teensiest different if you check. Couches will often have slightly different weight limits or material descriptions even if all the photoshops look the same.

I tried to buy an open box sectional, but they only sent the ottoman and maybe lost (?) the rest. I got a full refund because it's not like they had another open box of it laying around and was able to keep the ottoman (which didn't even deliver with legs!), but their shipping can be really hit or miss if your item comes in multiple boxes. Same happened when ordering some tile. Ordered 10 cases worth but 5 must have gone missing in the mail, so I had to get replacement shipments.

Buyer beware!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
3404 posts
2162 upvotes
Mississauga
Wayfair are a marketplace. Essentially like Amazon as mentioned earlier in this thread.
However I find it worse than Amazon because on Amazon, you can at least filter the noise by filtering down items which are "Sold and Shipped by Amazon".
We bought a shoe rack from Wayfair back in 2016 and it turned out be decent quality for cheap.
However whenever I have searched for something on Wayfair in last 2-3 years, I have found prices to be higher than Amazon/Walmart. Even for the same item by the same seller.
[OP]
Mar 27, 2021
384 posts
467 upvotes
crazychick wrote: @rilles
@RestartRFD
How do you feel about your cozey sofa now after having it awhile.
Looking to purchase.
Thanks

PS
@Huck50 & @restartRFD
Noticed the same on WayFair so despite wanting to order desks, rugs andnother things haven't pulled the trigger.
Not sure if anyone else has the same experience?
Cozey review: Excellent quality EXCEPT I can't get the back piece to align perfectly, I got tired and gave up and sat down. It's not a big deal problem and not noticeable at all unless you can see the back, but it's against the wall for me. Fabric is a little on the rougher side but I create a snuggle nest of pillows and blankets anyways. Cushions are on the firmer side which I want, so it will last longer. The colour wasn't exact to the samples they mailed, but not that far off.

It's the best sofa for the price and size, it fit into my space perfectly the way I need it. If I had a bigger space, I would not choose Cozey again.
[OP]
Mar 27, 2021
384 posts
467 upvotes
Also Wayfair is a gamble, for smaller items sure whatever but for a large item that's not fun to deal with if you have to return it or it arrives damaged, faulty etc. I would pay a bit more for quality or buying local if possible.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)