Entertainment

WB/DC Joker (Joaquin Phoenix) origin movie Oct 4 2019 (outside DCEU continuity previously produced by Martin Scorsese)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2019 5:09 pm
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2317 posts
590 upvotes
Ontario
Looks good but is Batman fighting a senior in the future? Joker will be at least 60 when the Dark knight rises.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11693 posts
1894 upvotes
Mississauga
sharpshooter88 wrote: Wow, that trailer has me interested now. He has the Ledger's Joker feel and look to it.
Hopefully Phoenix can make the character his own rather than ape Ledger's performance.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1688 posts
395 upvotes
Talamasca wrote: Hopefully Phoenix can make the character his own rather than ape Ledger's performance.
To be honest, it already feels like a different vibe. Impressed by the trailer so far.
Banned
Dec 10, 2018
80 posts
41 upvotes
kmarcie wrote: To be honest, it already feels like a different vibe. Impressed by the trailer so far.
Same here. I am getting a Taxi Driver feeling here. Shame I haven't watched the King of Comedy since I have heard from other that it feels inspired by that as well.
Regards
Fairypopo
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3077 posts
1174 upvotes
There will always be comparisons to Heath Ledger's Joker, but Joaquin Phoenix was already an exceptional actor way before H.L. passed away.

Sidenote, in celebration of Batman's 80th anniversary the Dark Knight trilogy will be showing in 70mm IMAX for one day only on April 20 at the Cinesphere. Only a few seats left.

Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11684 posts
2238 upvotes
Looks cool. But I just hope they make him a true villain and not just an antihero (like Suicide Squads). Understanding why and how he became who he is is fine, but by the end of the film, he needs to be straight up evil.
Jan 21, 2013
517 posts
111 upvotes
in a bubble
newt_101 wrote:
looks like he lost a ton of weight... @40sec)

might be good, although im not a fan.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4948 posts
1118 upvotes
This looks like it is going to be amazing.
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2726 posts
701 upvotes
This could be a great movie.

Who would've known DC would completely drop the ball on Batman, Superman, and Justice League, but emerge with a winner in a Joker movie that's not based on any comics origin.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3077 posts
1174 upvotes
https://www.tiff.net/events/joker

I see 3 different screenings at TIFF for this movie. Other than doing the rush line, do you guys have any tips or secrets to guarantee scoring tickets for one of these screenings?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)