Entertainment

Tenet (WB Christopher Nolan post pandemic re-release Feb 2024 including Dune part 2 preview)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2024 12:41 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6230 posts
4829 upvotes
newt_101 wrote: No.
What the user posted IS correct: Cinesphere is 4K laser (dual if you want to nitpick) 70mm IMAX.
True 'IMAX' always implies 70mm - assuming the film was shot that way or it was done post-prod.

http://ontarioplace.com/en/cinesphere/about-cinesphere/
I absolutely understand the Cinesphere can play both formats dual 4K laser IMAX and 70mm IMAX. I was just trying to point out the Cinesphere's presentation will be in true 70mm IMAX. It will be a celluloid film print and not shown in laser IMAX there.

The only other theatre listed in the GTA showing it in 70mm IMAX is the Cineplex in Mississauga and not Vaughan this time.

https://www.cineplex.com/Movie/tenet-th ... -70mm-film

The Varsity Cinema #8 will be showing it in 70mm, but not 70mm IMAX.

https://www.cineplex.com/Movie/tenet-sp ... ement-70mm
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10747 posts
7905 upvotes
Global Village
newt_101 wrote: Final trailer w/new footage

Man, I don't want to go inside a movie theatre right now but this is going to really tempt me to do it anyway.
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8568 posts
4207 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
scoper wrote: Man, I don't want to go inside a movie theatre right now but this is going to really tempt me to do it anyway.
If it gives you any peace of mind, I went to see Jurassic Park a couple of weeks ago and the fact that you can only sit 2 people next to each other, and the staggered row seating ensures that physical distancing is practiced. Other than the actual theatre where it's optional, the rest of the complex carries the same rules of wearing masks as all other indoor places have.

I'm not a worrier with COVID, but I did appreciate the effort that Cineplex was going through to keep things safe.
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10747 posts
7905 upvotes
Global Village
newt_101 wrote: If it gives you any peace of mind, I went to see Jurassic Park a couple of weeks ago and the fact that you can only sit 2 people next to each other, and the staggered row seating ensures that physical distancing is practiced. Other than the actual theatre where it's optional, the rest of the complex carries the same rules of wearing masks as all other indoor places have.

I'm not a worrier with COVID, but I did appreciate the effort that Cineplex was going through to keep things safe.
Are you allowed to take off your mask and eat popcorn in there?
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8568 posts
4207 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
scoper wrote: Are you allowed to take off your mask and eat popcorn in there?
Yup. When you're sitting the theatre you don't need a mask and you can eat/drink.
I would think the same for outside of the theatre, where they serve food products, kinda like a food court.
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17436 posts
12787 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe Cruise will collaborate with Nolan (vice versa) some day

Nine minutes worth of behind the scenes

Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6230 posts
4829 upvotes
Just got home from the Cinesphere's 5pm screening. Really enjoyed it probably because I was on magic mushrooms. LOL Anyway, I was so pleased to come home with a nice souvenir. They handed out nice quality black masks that say "I Mask for IMAX" to all the patrons. The masks are really cool and even have a pocket so you can insert a PM 2.5 filter for extra protection. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2006
3164 posts
26406 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone watched this at Cineplex Imax that can advise on how the trailers and such are before the movie starts?
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2017
1344 posts
324 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
Mr_Fanta wrote: Just got home from the Cinesphere's 5pm screening. Really enjoyed it probably because I was on magic mushrooms. LOL Anyway, I was so pleased to come home with a nice souvenir. They handed out nice quality black masks that say "I Mask for IMAX" to all the patrons. The masks are really cool and even have a pocket so you can insert a PM 2.5 filter for extra protection. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Can you recommend the best place to park with a car? is it better to use the Ontario Place parking lot 1 or park off property and walk to the cinesphere?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6230 posts
4829 upvotes
brandonly wrote: Can you recommend the best place to park with a car? is it better to use the Ontario Place parking lot 1 or park off property and walk to the cinesphere?
We took public transit last night, but here's the email Cinesphere sent us with some helpful tips.

Dear Cinesphere Customer,

We look forward to seeing you at your upcoming screening of Tenet: The IMAX Experience in 70mm film at Cinesphere! Please note we have some new procedures and policies in place that we wanted to make you aware of before your upcoming visit.

PARKING
Parking for Cinesphere guests is $5 and is available in Lot P1.

Show your movie ticket for the day parking is required to access this rate during Parking Booth Hours:
Monday – Thursday 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Friday – Saturday 10:00am – 10:00pm
Sunday 10:00am – 9:00pm

Outside of Parking Booth Hours, payment is made via the Honk App. Download the app for Android or for IOS. To access the $5 rate, please enter the promo code ‘CINESPHERE.’

COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
Your safety and comfort are important to us. Here are the COVID safety measures we’ve put in place for everyone’s safety and to help stop the spread of COVID-19:
• Theatre seats are sanitized, and handrails are wiped down with industrial-grade cleaning products between each screening. Hard surfaces are cleaned throughout the screening, and hand sanitizer is readily available in the lobby area.
• Employees must wear face masks at all times and complete a COVID-19 screening prior to the beginning of each shift.
• Visitors must wear masks inside Ontario Place facilities and covered bridge areas. This includes from the moment of arrival at the West Entrance. Masks may be removed only when seated in the theatre while eating or drinking.
• In adherence to COVID restrictions, the theatre capacity is 50 people. Seats available for patron use have been staggered in order to meet physical distance guidelines.
• Physical distancing of 2 meters/6 feet is required inside Ontario Place facilities and covered bridge areas.

COVID-19 SELF PRE-SCREENING
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone that has tested positive, please do not enter the Cinesphere theatre or Ontario Place grounds.

COVID-19 THEATER SEATING PLAN
• Selected seats have been grouped in pods up to a maximum of 2 seats per pod
• Upon arrival, patrons will be allowed into the theatre one group at a time (maximum of 2 people per group)
• Each group (maximum of 2 people per group) will meet an usher upon entering the theatre and will choose their desired seats from those available. Seats available for patron use have been staggered in order to meet physical distance guidelines.
• Patrons are instructed to remain in their seats at all times. If patrons require access to Concessions or washrooms, masks must be worn. Masks may be removed only when seated while eating or drinking.

A reminder that the theatre doors open 45 minutes prior to show start time.

Enjoy the show!

Regards,

Customer Service | Ontario Place Corporation

info@ontarioplace.com

416-314-9900 ext. 0

955 Lake Shore Blvd. West

Toronto, Ontario, Canada M6K 3B9

cid:image006.jpg@01D50407.ECAB9E50
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8568 posts
4207 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
spooky wrote: Has anyone watched this at Cineplex Imax that can advise on how the trailers and such are before the movie starts?
No trailers or commercials before the screening at Colossus
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8568 posts
4207 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Even though I had read a bunch about concepts used (i.e. entropy, thermodynamics, Maxwell's Demon - I could go on and on) it's still Nolan's movie and he enjoys over-complicating things - it wasn't until the end that all the puzzle pieces came together for an explanation.

I enjoyed the IMAX sequences, using the effects to display time inversion and Pattinson was solid.
This is a movie that must be enjoyed on the biggest screen you can find and would be appreciated in a totally different way on a second viewing.

It does however suffer from a few typical Nolan issues:

Why is it hard to understand characters when they speak?
Why is he so good at being glossy but so bad at evoking emotions from the audience?
Why do run-times have to be so unjustifiably long?

Overall a cerebrally-fun welcome back to the big screen but not one of Nolan's best.
Dec 8, 2017
676 posts
330 upvotes
I went and watched it by myself in a regular theatre. I enjoyed the sound and some of the ridiculous action scenes, like the highway chase and the plane crashing into a building. But overall, I left with a dissatisfied feeling because the movie made me feel stupid. Like @newt_101 said dialogue is often hard to understand and at some point I got lost and didn't bother trying to understand everything that is going on anymore. I am considering watching it again in IMAX just to feel the sound and atmosphere again. Maybe I'll watch some explanation videos and go on reddit to actually understand it, and perhaps then I will enjoy it more.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6230 posts
4829 upvotes
spooky wrote: Has anyone watched this at Cineplex Imax that can advise on how the trailers and such are before the movie starts?
Just got home from my second viewing at the Cineplex Empress Walk IMAX (LieMAX). They showed 2 trailers "Top Gun: Maverick" and "Black Widow". I was very disappointed they didn't give out face coverings that said I Mask for IMAX like what the Cinesphere did on Wednesday night. The only trailer I remember that night was "Wonder Woman 1984". I really hope on discount Tuesday for my third screening in laser IMAX at the Scotiabank Theatre I get another free mask. LOL
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2006
3164 posts
26406 upvotes
Toronto
Mr_Fanta wrote: Just got home from my second viewing at the Cineplex Empress Walk IMAX (LieMAX). They showed 2 trailers "Top Gun: Maverick" and "Black Widow". I was very disappointed they didn't give out face coverings that said I Mask for IMAX like what the Cinesphere did on Wednesday night. The only trailer I remember that night was "Wonder Woman 1984". I really hope on discount Tuesday for my third screening in laser IMAX at the Scotiabank Theatre I get another free mask. LOL
Thanks for the info. Saw it yesterday at Vaughan Imax. Saw Top Gun: Maverick, Black Widow and Wonder Woman 1984 trailers.
May 11, 2019
32 posts
22 upvotes
Ville de Oak
Saw it this afternoon at Winston Park Cineplex in Oakville. There were these three trailers:

Went to the AVX screening in the afternoon and had the dialogue problem that others are reporting. The sound effects and music were bloody LOUD. They really needed to dial those back especially in parts where guys are delivering lines while wearing gas masks.

It's like this movie was made to be deliberately hard to understand so that you'd have to go back and watch it again. I'm gonna have to see it at least one more time. Once a subtitled version is available.
It's amazing how people can use hundreds or even thousands of words to say squat. If you're going to say nothing then at least make it brief.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2013
1018 posts
344 upvotes
in a bubble
bubaglobalj wrote: I went and watched it by myself in a regular theatre. I enjoyed the sound and some of the ridiculous action scenes, like the highway chase and the plane crashing into a building. But overall, I left with a dissatisfied feeling because the movie made me feel stupid. Like @newt_101 said dialogue is often hard to understand and at some point I got lost and didn't bother trying to understand everything that is going on anymore. I am considering watching it again in IMAX just to feel the sound and atmosphere again. Maybe I'll watch some explanation videos and go on reddit to actually understand it, and perhaps then I will enjoy it more.
good to know im not alone...I could Barely make out the dialogue with all the dam background music & robert pattinsons Mumbling! i feel like watching it a few more times "Might" give me a clue....lol
Dec 8, 2017
676 posts
330 upvotes
ammaretto wrote: good to know im not alone...I could Barely make out the dialogue with all the dam background music & robert pattinsons Mumbling! i feel like watching it a few more times "Might" give me a clue....lol
I am actually considering watching a showing that has closed captioning :D
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1959 posts
4001 upvotes
Bloor-Yonge
are there many people in the theatre when you went to see the film this weekend? physical distancing possible? mask on or off during the film?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)