Alright, so i ain't alone.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Administrator
Feb 13, 2013
42 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Hey all,

We just rolled out some backend changes that have affected the login display in the site navbar unintentionally. This is a cosmetic issue only; everyone who was logged in before the rollout should still be logged in, but the navbar will always show you as logged out.

For now, if you want to ensure that you're properly logged in, the best option is to log out and log back in; this should restore the navbar functionality. That said, we're working on a hotfix for this issue and hope to have it out sooner rather than later. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16622 posts
32237 upvotes
Scarborough
We pushed a small update out at approximately 1:30pm ET today. Some previously logged in users might see themselves appearing as logged out, but are not actually logged out. If you log back in it'll fix your cookie and everything will be back to normal.

If anyone is experiencing an issue besides what I mentioned above, please post it here or send me a PM.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4633 upvotes
Montréal
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Alright, so i ain't alone.
Didn't think you would be one to subscribe to the saying 'Misery loves company'. Guess didn't think of the children there.Face With Tears Of Joy LOL j/k
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Administrator
Feb 13, 2013
42 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Just a quick update, we pushed out a hotfix for this issue about half an hour ago, and everything we've seen here suggests the problem has now been fixed. As before, if anyone sees any new issues or a recurrence of this issue, let us know here or contact Tom.

Thanks for your patience, everyone!
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2011
1150 posts
1279 upvotes
49.2827°N 123.1207°W
I just cleared my cookies...appears to have permanently fixed the problem (after the update above).
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
12647 posts
7771 upvotes
Markham
When you guys roll out updates , could you have different waves like MS windows update?

Specifically make center of universe as last wave to make sure everything is smooth? :)))
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2011
1150 posts
1279 upvotes
49.2827°N 123.1207°W
looks like I spoke too soon....I reloaded RFD later in the day, it shows me logged out at the nav panel. (July 22 8:30pm PST)

When I login through the quick tab, it brings me to this:
rfd signin.JPG

@TomRFD @wesleyRFD
Administrator
Feb 13, 2013
42 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Hmm. That's definitely related to the release we did earlier today. One potential cause of this might be if you've left the browser tab open for a long time and then try to log in, but you mentioned you'd reloaded the tab and found yourself logged out from a previous session, so that might not be the cause here. I take it you were able to log in anyways, since you managed to post to this thread. Did you log in via the main login form in the screenshot above, or did you try the navbar login form again?

We'll take a closer look tomorrow to see if we can reproduce the issue on our side.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2011
1150 posts
1279 upvotes
49.2827°N 123.1207°W
wesleyRFD wrote: Hmm. That's definitely related to the release we did earlier today. One potential cause of this might be if you've left the browser tab open for a long time and then try to log in, but you mentioned you'd reloaded the tab and found yourself logged out from a previous session, so that might not be the cause here. I take it you were able to log in anyways, since you managed to post to this thread. Did you log in via the main login form in the screenshot above, or did you try the navbar login form again?

We'll take a closer look tomorrow to see if we can reproduce the issue on our side.
I logged in from the screenshot above, no issues logging in from there. I opened RFD this morning, the navbar does say i'm logged in. Issue has been fixed?
Administrator
Feb 13, 2013
42 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
yau1225 wrote: I logged in from the screenshot above, no issues logging in from there. I opened RFD this morning, the navbar does say i'm logged in. Issue has been fixed?
We haven't pushed any specific fixes. In trying to reproduce your issue, we did discover that there might be some situations where the user session might be logged out after the change; we suspect it has to do with the site deciding to refresh your session due to some cookie changes we made. I expect this to be a one-time thing, however.

If you do get logged out prematurely again (i.e. in the next few days) please let us know, but I think you're probably out of the woods now. Sorry for the troubles.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)