Hot Deals

[Wealthbar] $50 cashback for investing and maintaining $1000 balance for 60 days (GCR or HIS)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 4th, 2020 3:35 pm
Jul 8, 2010
136 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
" $10,000 managed free for the first year.
"
what does that above mean ?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
7811 posts
1013 upvotes
TO
chenredflagdeals wrote: itis $70 from HIS , "Receive $70 cash back by signing up for an account with a minimum $1,000 deposit."
I WAIT until giving out $100.
Holystone wrote: Also $70 with GCR until June 30th.
Wishful thinking for me too but I doubt it'll go that high, if you wait, it may drop back to 50 who knows.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Jul 8, 2010
136 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
TorontoEh wrote: Wishful thinking for me too but I doubt it'll go that high, if you wait, it may drop back to 50 who knows.
it is fine . Money shortage is everywhere , you will see more and more bankruptcy story
Apr 23, 2008
970 posts
145 upvotes
cardero wrote: Got the $50 Interact from HIS less than 2 weeks from transferring the $1K (and I chose their most conservative option which was their HISA rather than a fund and still got the promo payment.) Hope this helps in case you don't want to risk money in an equities fund and still qualify.
Could you please share how you put the $1,000 into the HISA and how you plan to withdraw it and close the account?
Sep 14, 2009
507 posts
171 upvotes
Vancouver
phht wrote: Could you please share how you put the $1,000 into the HISA and how you plan to withdraw it and close the account?
During signup you input your risk tolerance and that's how I ended up with the cash account option and you input your funding source so for me it was a pull from my Tangerine account. Not sure if I have to wait the 60 days or not before taking my money out or maybe I might try one of their equity funds even.
Apr 23, 2008
970 posts
145 upvotes
cardero wrote: During signup you input your risk tolerance and that's how I ended up with the cash account option and you input your funding source so for me it was a pull from my Tangerine account. Not sure if I have to wait the 60 days or not before taking my money out or maybe I might try one of their equity funds even.
Thanks for the prompt reply. How does one get the money out of the Weathbar HISA account?
Sep 14, 2009
507 posts
171 upvotes
Vancouver
phht wrote: Thanks for the prompt reply. How does one get the money out of the Weathbar HISA account?
I am not sure as haven't attempted that yet, but, I felt the instructions and sign-up process flow were pretty intuitive, so not sweating having an issue with getting my money out and I suspect they have retained the funding link to Tangerine that I funded with so probably can just debit back through that link.
Apr 23, 2008
970 posts
145 upvotes
cardero wrote: I am not sure as haven't attempted that yet, but, I felt the instructions and sign-up process flow were pretty intuitive, so not sweating having an issue with getting my money out and I suspect they have retained the funding link to Tangerine that I funded with so probably can just debit back through that link.
Thank you for your reply
Jul 8, 2010
136 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
chenredflagdeals wrote: it is fine . Money shortage is everywhere , you will see more and more bankruptcy story
I am with HSBC, THERE is wealth compass fund , given out $100 bonus for $1500 ETF fund, plus an opening bonus for a new client up to $500
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
7811 posts
1013 upvotes
TO
chenredflagdeals wrote: I am with HSBC, THERE is wealth compass fund , given out $100 bonus for $1500 ETF fund, plus an opening bonus for a new client up to $500
Is that still available and can be done online? I remember last promo there were a bunch of hoops to jump for payout?
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

Jul 8, 2010
136 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
TorontoEh wrote: Is that still available and can be done online? I remember last promo there were a bunch of hoops to jump for payout?
yes, it can be done online. no problem at all
Jul 5, 2017
68 posts
25 upvotes
Anyone still waiting to get their money out of GCR? Mine's been stuck there for more than a month now. Maybe I made a rookie mistake of using them instead of HIS (if there is a difference, worth putting in the OP for decision making). It looks like there is a minimum 2 month (58-day) waiting period before money is paid out unless I am mistaken.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
7811 posts
1013 upvotes
TO
ovaltene wrote: Anyone still waiting to get their money out of GCR? Mine's been stuck there for more than a month now. Maybe I made a rookie mistake of using them instead of HIS (if there is a difference, worth putting in the OP for decision making). It looks like there is a minimum 2 month (58-day) waiting period before money is paid out unless I am mistaken.
let's hope you get it soon, I'd lean more on GCR than HIS but then again who knows.

May 8, 2013
545 posts
516 upvotes
London
chenredflagdeals wrote: I am with HSBC, THERE is wealth compass fund , given out $100 bonus for $1500 ETF fund, plus an opening bonus for a new client up to $500

i see this deal here https://www.hsbc.ca/content/dam/hsbc/ca ... fer-en.pdf it says you have to leave the 1500 in for a full year and then you will get paid out... as for the 500 that seems to be a new account offer for new canadians https://www.hsbc.ca/chequing-accounts/o ... -ntc/#fn-1 Welcome Offers Definitions. When used in these Terms & Conditions, the definitions set out below mean the following:a. “Premier Welcome Offer” means a payment of $500 CAD subject to meeting the conditions outlined in section 1b. “Advance Welcome Offer”means a payment of $300 CAD subject to meeting the conditions outlined in section 2. to get that 500 you have to actually invest 25000 in their premium account for 3 months minimum. if you can show thats not the case ie you have to be a new permanent resident or work permit holder, and have to shove 25k in there ... i would love to see it
Last edited by ryansluman on Jun 4th, 2020 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 8, 2013
545 posts
516 upvotes
London
TorontoEh wrote: let's hope you get it soon, I'd lean more on GCR than HIS but then again who knows.
HIS paid out in a matter of days but GCR holds it for months. go HIS.