Hot Deals

[Wealthbar] $50 cashback for investing and maintaining $1000 balance for 60 days (GCR or HIS)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 4th, 2020 3:35 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
7811 posts
1013 upvotes
TO
Does anyone know what is the ref amount if a member refers you?

Also, it's interesting their Aggressive, growth and balance portfolios did above industry avg, maybe it's biased showcasing on site but I may try out their balanced ETF portfolio (given current market conditions, It may just stay the same)
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
6233 posts
1292 upvotes
Toronto
ryansluman wrote: i see this deal here https://www.hsbc.ca/content/dam/hsbc/ca ... fer-en.pdf it says you have to leave the 1500 in for a full year and then you will get paid out... as for the 500 that seems to be a new account offer for new canadians https://www.hsbc.ca/chequing-accounts/o ... -ntc/#fn-1 Welcome Offers Definitions. When used in these Terms & Conditions, the definitions set out below mean the following:a. “Premier Welcome Offer” means a payment of $500 CAD subject to meeting the conditions outlined in section 1b. “Advance Welcome Offer”means a payment of $300 CAD subject to meeting the conditions outlined in section 2. to get that 500 you have to actually invest 25000 in their premium account for 3 months minimum. if you can show thats not the case ie you have to be a new permanent resident or work permit holder, and have to shove 25k in there ... i would love to see it
$1500 invested for 1 year to get $100? Did I get it correctly?
May 26, 2011
694 posts
462 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote:
Also, it's interesting their Aggressive, growth and balance portfolios did above industry avg
What do you reference as 'industry avg'?
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Foodora, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, TransferWise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
May 8, 2013
545 posts
516 upvotes
London
cgtlky wrote: $1500 invested for 1 year to get $100? Did I get it correctly?
yeah its a horrible offer
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
7811 posts
1013 upvotes
TO
maverikbc wrote: What do you reference as 'industry avg'?
I meant that they have a comparison of their funds and the industry avg next to it.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

May 26, 2011
694 posts
462 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote: I meant that they have a comparison of their funds and the industry avg next to it.
Unless it matches with S&P/TSX Composite Index or any indexes, it doesn't really mean much.
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Foodora, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, TransferWise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
7811 posts
1013 upvotes
TO
I came across a similar offer at wealthsimple, assume one of the other players, but you get the $50/75 directly in your account not like a middle man like GCR/HIS.

Wonder if anyone here used WS and can chime in for the long term which is better. I dislike managing/changing/tweaking portfolios on a monthly basis, quarterly I can manage so that's why I like the robo advisor idea.

Cheers

Apr 25, 2016
125 posts
82 upvotes
I applied via HIS but can't see my funding transfer in the wealthbar account. I funded the account for $1000. Also, who do I contact if I don't get my $70? I checked HIS account but there is no customer support or not very clear who to contact. I hope I get the $70.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
1947 posts
560 upvotes
Isn't it $70 now instead of $50 at GCR for depositing $1000?
May 8, 2013
545 posts
516 upvotes
London
7things wrote: I applied via HIS but can't see my funding transfer in the wealthbar account. I funded the account for $1000. Also, who do I contact if I don't get my $70? I checked HIS account but there is no customer support or not very clear who to contact. I hope I get the $70.
admin@highinterestsavings.ca but wait some time.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
6233 posts
1292 upvotes
Toronto
7things wrote: I applied via HIS but can't see my funding transfer in the wealthbar account. I funded the account for $1000. Also, who do I contact if I don't get my $70? I checked HIS account but there is no customer support or not very clear who to contact. I hope I get the $70.
I also applied via HIS, Iinked my Tangerine account, but have not see the WealthBar pull $.
Jan 14, 2008
186 posts
61 upvotes
I'm in the same boat, no pull yet after linking my Tangerine chequing account. But don't fret about HIS. They are quick to respond by email but it does take time to receive the bonus because it takes up to three weeks or more for wealth simple to notify them that all things are good before sending your bonus
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
7811 posts
1013 upvotes
TO
Is WealthSimple using a middle broker called BBS Securities as I just saw a w/d from my account of the amount? I msg them but have yet to see a response.
thx

Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
7811 posts
1013 upvotes
TO
cgtlky wrote: I also applied via HIS, Iinked my Tangerine account, but have not see the WealthBar pull $.
Mine was pretty quick from WS via Tangerine, but name was BBS Securities, I did it on Thursday last week and they w/d on monday (6-8-20)