Hot Deals

[Wealthbar] $50 cashback for investing and maintaining $1000 balance for 60 days (GCR or HIS)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 4th, 2020 3:35 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
6233 posts
1292 upvotes
Toronto
TorontoEh wrote: Mine was pretty quick from WS via Tangerine, but name was BBS Securities, I did it on Thursday last week and they w/d on monday (6-8-20)
Did you received your bonus $50/$75 already?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
7811 posts
1013 upvotes
TO
cgtlky wrote: Did you received your bonus $50/$75 already?
Not yet, I just did it on Thursday though.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
7811 posts
1013 upvotes
TO
Received my EMT last night about 13 days after account opening. Anyone try out any of there portfolio apart from savings which I also somehow landed on given the profile I filled out.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
6233 posts
1292 upvotes
Toronto
TorontoEh wrote: Received my EMT last night about 13 days after account opening. Anyone try out any of there portfolio apart from savings which I also somehow landed on given the profile I filled out.
Hope my EMT will come this week, they pull from my Tangerine on June 8.
Mar 13, 2017
255 posts
142 upvotes
Does anybody know how exactly to get the EMT? I followed the link from HIS and created my account. Deposit hasn't gone through yet but I don't see any options for EMT on HIS
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
3734 posts
4017 upvotes
GTA
TorontoEh wrote: It's$70 now.

On a second thought, it'd be interesting to know how much do affiliates get paid on new acquisitions. For them to pay out 70… I assume they just be getting double that.
For $70, are you referring to Wealthbar or WealthSimple? my $50 on $500 post was about WSimple
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
7811 posts
1013 upvotes
TO
Kfox wrote: For $70, are you referring to Wealthbar or WealthSimple? my $50 on $500 post was about WSimple
Sorry my bad I meant WB, yes I did come across WS 500$ offer too and was wondering anyone took that offer.

Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
3734 posts
4017 upvotes
GTA
TorontoEh wrote: Sorry my bad I meant WB, yes I did come across WS 500$ offer too and was wondering anyone took that offer.
yeah, I don't see terms & conditions on the Wsimple offer-- anyone know?
Jun 16, 2020
8 posts
3 upvotes
I did this offer. Still waiting on HIS to confirm it. Its only been about 10 days tho.
Jul 5, 2017
68 posts
25 upvotes
GCR finally paid me a solid three months (!!) after I registered and did this offer in April. Definitely go with the HIS route instead.

That said I didn't mind parking my cash there, it pulled in a ~4% return in 3 months without much problems using the most conservative of portfolios. I'll basically treat it as a savings account for now, in no rush to pull out such a small portion with such a safe allocation. It's barely grown at all compared to the S&P obviously but beats out having this money in Tangerine.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
7811 posts
1013 upvotes
TO
ovaltene wrote: GCR finally paid me a solid three months (!!) after I registered and did this offer in April. Definitely go with the HIS route instead.

That said I didn't mind parking my cash there, it pulled in a ~4% return in 3 months without much problems using the most conservative of portfolios. I'll basically treat it as a savings account for now, in no rush to pull out such a small portion with such a safe allocation. It's barely grown at all compared to the S&P obviously but beats out having this money in Tangerine.
Which portfolio allocation did you end up choosing? I was thinking of letting it sit in one of their portfolios too as right now it's just in savings - but i wonder if you can choose an $ amount or does it have to be full 100% allocation.

Penalty Box
Mar 28, 2017
278 posts
154 upvotes
LarryT778370 wrote: I don't have a lot to say, here is the data for me:

WealthBar: return -1.24%
WealthSimple: return -0.56%
Is it like a golf score thing?
May 26, 2011
694 posts
462 upvotes
Opened via HIS last weekend as HISA, $1k was pulled on Tue. Their customer service seem to be good, I've received a bunch of follow up emails, for some reasons, always landing my inbox around 10pm. I thought they were on Bay St. or somewhere in Toronto, but it was interesting to learn they're only a couple of blocks away from me.

HIS, where can I find my pending credits? With GCR, Rakuten, etc we can see the status. Previous DPs say it takes about 2 weeks, so I'll wait 10 more days.

Has anybody switched funds from one product to another? If we get another plunge, it may be interesting to switch from HISA to the most aggressive one, but I'm only comfortable to do that if it's instant, where Tangerine takes about a few days (they're probably trying to discourage aggressive tradings).
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Foodora, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, TransferWise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.