Jul 10, 2019
155 posts
312 upvotes
Montreal

Wealthsimple Crypto - $25 Signup Bonus

Deal Link:
1- Sign Up ( no referral code needed)
2- Fund Account with min 1$
3- Receive 25$ cash bonus when deposit clears ( maximum of 7 days)
4- Withdraw to bank.

If you have any other wealth services, then just login and set up a Cypto account.

Starting on September 8, 2021, for a limited time, Wealthsimple will deposit a cash value of $25 (the “Bonus”) in your new Wealthsimple Crypto account when you open and fund an account. The cash bonus will be applied within 7 days after opening and funding your Wealthsimple Crypto account in accordance with the terms and conditions below.

Who can Qualify?

Only new Wealthsimple Crypto clients, being clients that have not previously funded a Wealthsimple Crypto account, that received any marketing communications from Wealthsimple inviting them to participate in this promotion are eligible. This promo cannot be combined with other sign-up offers or promotion codes and cannot be applied retroactively. Limit 1 per Bonus per qualified user. Must be a resident of Canada.
84 replies
Jul 4, 2021
13 posts
18 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
tbh ETH is about to pump back up to where it was, taking this deal and sitting on it for a few weeks would be a great idea.
Nov 14, 2008
344 posts
178 upvotes
Well I'm not investing because of a $25 incentive, but if your already looking to get into crypto this might be good.
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10471 posts
1796 upvotes
well... i already use wealthsimple... just opened and crypto one and tossed in 5 bucks... let's see if i get my bonus.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
16225 posts
4701 upvotes
Scarberia
should i wait for a better WS promo? never signed up
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2321 posts
1542 upvotes
Cambridge
*. WS is the worst place to buy as you pay around 5% spread with them, their available coins to buy is very limited (but growing) and you can't move the coins I'd you want to, only sell off and move the cash to rebuy. Other exchanges also offer a bonus of this amount.

Edit: post was edited for apparent soliciting with me saying to PM me for more info but I'd just like to state that I suggested PM to avoid cluttering this thread with talk of other services and exchanges... Which is what has happened anyways.
Last edited by orbitdesign on Sep 19th, 2021 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mar 11, 2014
79 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
Already have a welthsimply account for stock. Just opened a crypto and deposited 10. I'll update if I get the bonus.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
2234 posts
1800 upvotes
GTA
First, thanks for posting the deal op, its a good quick sign up bonus especially for those who use WS Trade.
I would like to highlight a part of the OP's post on the TOC as it looks YMMY to me:
Who can Qualify?

Only new Wealthsimple Crypto clients, being clients that have not previously funded a Wealthsimple Crypto account, that received any marketing communications from Wealthsimple inviting them to participate in this promotion are eligible. This promo cannot be combined with other sign-up offers or promotion codes and cannot be applied retroactively. Limit 1 per Bonus per qualified user. Must be a resident of Canada.
I guess no harm in trying other than some time...

Anyway I concur with:
orbitdesign wrote: * WS is the worst place to buy as you pay around 5% spread with them, their available coins to buy is very limited (but growing) and you can't move the coins I'd you want to, only sell off and move the cash to rebuy. Other exchanges also offer a bonus of this amount.
WS is popular but that's about it, to clarify here's some general guidelines for Crypto:
1) Fiat ramp exchanges:
These are Canadian exchanges that accept CAD$ and allow you to exchange them for various Crypto currencies.
Their exchanges range in fees in about: 3% down to 0.7% (Newton)

2) Crypto Exchanges for trading:
Now if you intend to trade often to buy low/sell high kind of approach, there are other places that have even lower fees than 0.7% like above. The fees for accounts I have range from 0.2% to 0.1% (possibly lower).

3) Cefi - Basically an interest generating savings account for your crypto while you hodl it.
These platforms accept your crypto and usually pay weekly.
Interest rates are about 6% for BTC, for stable coin (i.e. crypto currency pegged to for example US$, you can get anywhere from 8-12% on it). Beats EQ Bank and Tangerine, haha :)
There's a good thread about it in the Personal Finance - Investing section: crypto-best-cefi-2471254

There are others but the point of this crash course post is to make everyone aware of how there are better options in every way to trading crypto than with WS. I love them for starting WS Trade but Crypto is a highly uncompetitive product.

Hope that helps everyone :)
Last edited by MrDisco on Sep 19th, 2021 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quoted post was edited
Aug 2, 2015
101 posts
89 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Crypto.com is by far the best place to buy/trade/store your crypto. 0% charge on fiat deposits or even through your debit/credit card, loads of coins to choose from, and finally you can get your own personalized Visa card for free and use that to pay for stuff from your crypto balances.
Oct 29, 2010
342 posts
499 upvotes
Quebec
gdnimrod wrote: Crypto.com is by far the best place to buy/trade/store your crypto. 0% charge on fiat deposits or even through your debit/credit card, loads of coins to choose from, and finally you can get your own personalized Visa card for free and use that to pay for stuff from your crypto balances.
Not at all, Crypto has hidden fees and bigger spread than Binance on conversions and trades. Oh and Binance supports more than 2x the nb of tokens.
I'd say its best to start with Newton for deposits and some trading to get used to the whole thing, after that you can withdraw to Binance for more advanced trading.
With WS your money is stuck there, which is ok if you want something really simple and mid/long term investment.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
2301 posts
2457 upvotes
Toronto, ON
simonchretien wrote: Not at all, Crypto has hidden fees and bigger spread than Binance on conversions and trades. Oh and Binance supports more than 2x the nb of tokens.
I'd say its best to start with Newton for deposits and some trading to get used to the whole thing, after that you can withdraw to Binance for more advanced trading.
With WS your money is stuck there, which is ok if you want something really simple and mid/long term investment.
Binance no longer available in Ontario.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2321 posts
1542 upvotes
Cambridge
simonchretien wrote: Not at all, Crypto has hidden fees and bigger spread than Binance on conversions and trades. Oh and Binance supports more than 2x the nb of tokens.
I agree with starting with Newton. No point in withdrawing to binance if you're in Ontario though, as you can no longer use it after the end of this year.
May 24, 2016
227 posts
84 upvotes
I just joined Newton. I know there is an offline wallet for security but supposing you didn’t use the offline wallet - would wealth simple not be more secure? Is the investment not guaranteed unlike Newton?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2321 posts
1542 upvotes
Cambridge
DealzToronto wrote: I just joined Newton. I know there is an offline wallet for security but supposing you didn’t use the offline wallet - would wealth simple not be more secure? Is the investment not guaranteed unlike Newton?
I wouldn't say either is more secure than the other. Both are hackable and yes, a hardware wallet is the most secure way to store your coins.

With WS, you don't actually own the coins nor can you move them elsewhere if you want to store them or try out DeFi, etc. At least with Newton and the other exchanges, you're free to move your coins and they have many more coins available. Plus, WS charges the most, by a significant amount. I really don't see any benefit to using them and I'm deep into their Trade and Invest platforms.
Aug 2, 2015
101 posts
89 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Binance? Lol. Do you enjoy sending selfies of yourself with your IDs begging binance for your coins when you want to withdraw? It's a hotel california... they'll take your deposits but forget about getting them back.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
2301 posts
2457 upvotes
Toronto, ON
gdnimrod wrote: Binance? Lol. Do you enjoy sending selfies of yourself with your IDs begging binance for your coins when you want to withdraw? It's a hotel california... they'll take your deposits but forget about getting them back.
Can't you just convert to btc/eth and send them to another address? Like coinbase?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

blaklotus