Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Wealthsimple Crypto

Various sign-up bonus (100$ CAD, 40$ CAD or 100 DOGE) with no minimum funding - check your emails YMMV

[OP]
Apr 21, 2017
580 posts
715 upvotes
Chelsea

Various sign-up bonus (100$ CAD, 40$ CAD or 100 DOGE) with no minimum funding - check your emails YMMV

Retailer:
Wealthsimple Crypto
Just received an email from Wealthsimple Crypto where they provide 100 Dogecoin, currently worth ~30 USD if I open and fund an account.

@Dave98 received a different email offering 100$ CAD for signup, with no mentions of DOGE

Basically a free 30$ - fund 1$, wait 7 days, cash out (or HODL)

Edit: Re-reading the T&Cs, they provide you with the cash value, not the crypto. You don’t even need to invest/buy/sell any crypto - just a matter of opening an account, funding 1$, wait 7 days and then cash out !

No mentions of a minimum, see terms below :

https://help.wealthsimple.com/hc/en-ca/ ... 5138507163

What is the Doge Rewards Bonus?
The Doge Rewards Bonus is an offer for new Wealthsimple Crypto clients. With the Doge Rewards Bonus, we’ll deposit a cash bonus in your account that is equal to the value of 100 (one hundred) Dogecoin to a maximum value of $50 (fifty dollars) when you open and fund your account.
The cash bonus will be applied within 7 days after opening and funding your new Wealthsimple Crypto account in accordance with the terms and conditions below.
Why a Cash Equivalent?
Wealthsimple Crypto does not provide recommendations or investment advice. When you receive the cash equivalent of a crypto asset, the cash will be deposited directly into your account and there is no requirement that you purchase any crypto asset with the cash. You alone are responsible for your investment decisions and Wealthsimple Crypto will not consider your financial situation, investment knowledge, investment objectives, savings objectives and risk tolerance when accepting orders from you.
Learn more about each cryptocurrency in Wealthsimple Crypto here.
Images
  • 1D5DE538-EBB9-4CF1-AA80-07E07210ABEA.jpeg
Last edited by SimonL556 on Aug 25th, 2021 4:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.
81 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5371 posts
3063 upvotes
GTA
Could it be a targetted offer depending on account?

The email I got says

"Fund a Crypto account, get $100"

It doesn't say Dogecoin for me at all.
Images
  • Screenshot_20210825-145318_Gmail.png
[OP]
Apr 21, 2017
580 posts
715 upvotes
Chelsea
Dave98 wrote: Could it be a targetted offer depending on account?

The email I got says

"Fund a Crypto account, get $100"

It doesn't say Dogecoin for me at all.
Thats even better !
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2851 posts
1978 upvotes
Just remember you dont own Crypto when you trade with WS. So if youre thinking of trading/investing through WS, be aware you dont own your coins.

I dont get the whole point of this. Exchanges are aplenty. Own it yourself. If youre a HODLr like I am then cold wallet it.

This thread explains it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PersonalFinanc ... urce=share
Last edited by Biscayne05 on Aug 25th, 2021 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Apr 21, 2017
580 posts
715 upvotes
Chelsea
Biscayne05 wrote: Just remember you dont own Crypto when you trade with WS

I dont get the whole point of this. Exchanges are aplenty. Own it yourself. If youre a HODLr like I am then cold wallet it.
Agreed - I will not be using WS for my Crypto. However, I’ll happily take whatever free cash they give me !
Mar 2, 2016
763 posts
1096 upvotes
Toronto
SimonL556 wrote: Agreed - I will not be using WS for my Crypto. However, I’ll happily take whatever free cash they give me !
Same exact feeling right here.
Koodo|Fido|Tangerine|EQ|AMEX|Plastiq|eBates|TopCashBack|Mr. Rebates|Great Canadian Rebates|RocketMiles
BRIM|AwardWallet|uber|Lyft|airBNB|uberEats|DoorDash|Skip the Dishes|Ritual
Aug 20, 2007
28 posts
27 upvotes
Lol Doge. I wonder why they use that as an incentive
May 10, 2015
287 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Biscayne05 wrote: Just remember you dont own Crypto when you trade with WS
Can you explain? Sorry I am new to crypto. Thanks in advance
Last edited by crazydiamond1010 on Aug 25th, 2021 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 26, 2009
251 posts
173 upvotes
Burnaby
Is Welathsimple Crypto different from Welathsimple trade? Can I avail of this bonus while already having a trade account?
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
11659 posts
2286 upvotes
Guelph
mjliangco wrote: Is Welathsimple Crypto different from Welathsimple trade? Can I avail of this bonus while already having a trade account?
Yes you can. Same app.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2017
1241 posts
1302 upvotes
Now this is why its best to wait before signing up for anything. I signed up while it was still in demo mode for nothing!
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2416 posts
2733 upvotes
Biscayne05 wrote: Just remember you dont own Crypto when you trade with WS. So if youre thinking of trading/investing through WS, be aware you dont own your coins.

This thread explains it:

nope but with wealthsimple you are fully insured. if you get hacked with the coin you own it’s gone forever. i like the peace of mind
Jan 15, 2021
46 posts
55 upvotes
I did not get any email from Wealthsimple, will I receive the bonus if I sign up?
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12156 posts
111989 upvotes
Ontario
Biscayne05 wrote: Just remember you dont own Crypto when you trade with WS. So if youre thinking of trading/investing through WS, be aware you dont own your coins.

This thread explains it:

I understand that you don’t own the crypto but WS won’t go bankrupt anytime soon.

The one reason why ppl want to avoid doing crypto on WS or other apps similar to WS because they want to avoid capital gain taxes right?
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Jan 2 - 29th Member Savings (Costco)