Expired Freebies

[Wealthsimple] Free stock from Wealthsimple Trade when you make a new non-registered account and send a 100-word essay

[OP]
Jun 15, 2018
340 posts
1619 upvotes
Toronto

Free stock from Wealthsimple Trade when you make a new non-registered account and send a 100-word essay

Deal Link:
Expiry:
December 18, 2020
Retailer:
Wealthsimple
Wealthsimple Trade is running a promotion where you can get a free "stock" when you create a Wealthsimple Trade non-registered account through the link above. After making the account, they expect you to fund the account with $100 and keep it there for 180 days; however, the terms and conditions allows you to send an email with a short essay, in lieu of funding the account to get the stock value:

"No purchase necessary: To enter without meeting the minimum deposit threshold, type out your name, address, city, province or territory, postal code, telephone number, and a unique and original 100-word or more essay on “My Investing Strategy”, and email it to contest@wealthsimple.com during the Offer Period. Each email entry must be received by 11:59:59 PM EDT the day prior to a the end of the Offer Period to be eligible for the Bonus."

"When shares are selected for this program, Wealthsimple selects shares from fifteen companies with share values ranging from $1-$4,500 CAD, limited to companies that are widely held among Wealthsimple Trade accounts. There is an approximately ~56% chance of the Bonus having a value of between $1 and $10, ~35% chance of the Bonus having a value of between $10 and $50, ~9% chance of the Bonus having a value of between $50 and $500, and 0.20% chance of the Bonus having a value between $500 and $5,000, based on the price of shares at the time of their selection."
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6861 posts
6074 upvotes
Toronto
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
2897 posts
904 upvotes
muffin4life wrote: at least u know u'll get $5 worth of airmiles!!! sure thing
... $50 worth you mean.
Apr 14, 2006
408 posts
266 upvotes
The airmiles offer looks like its for a robo adivisor Wealth Simple Invest / Black... $100K minimum with a 0.40 MER fee.

For that much money I would prefer Interactive Brokers as you would save over the $50 bonus with reduced margin and currency exchange cost. You can go with a low cost index fund or highly rated active fund such as ARKK.