Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Wealthsimple

Wealthsimple Invest $100 bonus for new customer when you deposit $1000 for 6 months

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2021 9:44 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2007
1027 posts
83 upvotes
Does this promo work if I only want to open a tfsa account?
Officially joined the ranks of Deal addicts across the country - 12/12/07
Once you get the first taste of great deals you can't stop...
Jun 22, 2016
452 posts
336 upvotes
Not important
Bzzzzt wrote: Do I still qualify if I have a cash and trade account, but not an investment account, or do you have to be completely new?
put me on the list. Anybody know? I have a trade account already and went to the link. It says one sign in for all platforms? Looking to open the invest account now.
Sep 17, 2016
331 posts
151 upvotes
Lag333 wrote: put me on the list. Anybody know? I have a trade account already and went to the link. It says one sign in for all platforms? Looking to open the invest account now.
Same here ...
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2003
4240 posts
580 upvotes
Toronto
I have a trade account already, and opened a invest one anyways through the link, not sure if it work but worth a shot.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2021
2369 posts
4127 upvotes
Vancouver/Richmond/B…
I thought there was a free stock from them
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3209 posts
2849 upvotes
Cambridge
89lilangel wrote: I thought there was a free stock from them
That's a referral bonus for signing up with their Trade platform. This is a promo from a website they've partnered with to give this one out for their Invest platform.
Dec 15, 2015
480 posts
463 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I called Wealthsimple and ask about the promo since I only have a WS Trade account. They told me I already have an Invest profile since I have WS Trade but I can still qualify for the promo since I never setup any accounts yet in Invest. They asked for the link of the promo, sent the screen capture via email and they said YES, I am eligible and they applied the promo code on my Invest profile. All I needed to do was to fund the account to qualify for the promo.

I also asked them if my wife can qualify as she already has Invest (RRSP) but was told she does not as it doesn't matter if it's TFSA or RRSP in WS Invest.

Hope you guys call in too to confirm. Cheers. Thanks OP.
"With great discounts comes great battle for self restraint"
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2007
1544 posts
343 upvotes
Canada
Biscayne05 wrote: Thats awesome

Some Youtuber is pulling out from his Invest account to save on MER and I THINK he will just copy the portfolio. I do think he spends a ton of time analyzing etc. so thats fine. I think he will miss DRIP but good for him since he has time and I dont.

Wished I did this earlier instead of tanking my investments on MFs with Sunlife. It was also a painful thing to transfer from SL to WS
A lot of the transfers a pita. At least we aren't investing in some Canadian bank mutual funds. lol, Now that's a big time scam.
Dec 15, 2015
480 posts
463 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Just an update guys, I just received the email from WS about the promo, It says "...deposit a minimum of $1000 by October 16, 2021 to get the bonus of $100". Happy Investing to all.
Sep 3, 2009
864 posts
589 upvotes
Calgary
Why does the link to the promo gone? I was going to open an account, but can't find the link anymore, and this thread is been moved to expired deals. Not sure what's happening.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2015
2022 posts
1171 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
piranhaa wrote: Keep in mind you have to keep the deposit in for 6 months:

Still not a bad return for minimal effort.
Do they charge monthly fee or any BS fees for inactivity? I wanted to deposit $1000 and wait 6 months then grab my bonus and leave....
Dec 15, 2015
480 posts
463 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
xuanzh wrote: Do they charge monthly fee or any BS fees for inactivity? I wanted to deposit $1000 and wait 6 months then grab my bonus and leave....
Why? WS seems reasonable with their returns. I had my wife start an RRSP with WS Invest and yes the early down turns we had last year was not really good but currently it's performing at around 10%. In fact with this bonus now I might as well build my TFSA with WS and compare how it does vs my TD.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2015
2022 posts
1171 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
jhinkarlo wrote: Why? WS seems reasonable with their returns. I had my wife start an RRSP with WS Invest and yes the early down turns we had last year was not really good but currently it's performing at around 10%. In fact with this bonus now I might as well build my TFSA with WS and compare how it does vs my TD.
I am no daytrader as I probably maximum would trade 5 times per year, and that's how I am doing it in Investors-edge right now.
Dec 15, 2015
480 posts
463 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
xuanzh wrote: I am no daytrader as I probably maximum would trade 5 times per year, and that's how I am doing it in Investors-edge right now.
Oic, yeah I was thinking about pre-authorized contribution monthly. I don't day trade too. I'm more into roboadvisor type investment.