• Jan 24th, 2017 6:23 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
6040 posts
639 upvotes
Vancouver

Wearable waterproof accessory by Sealskinz

Has anyone heard of the company Sealskinz? They make and sell waterproof hat, glove, and sock. They are based in the UK but have warehouse in Canada so there won't be high shipping fee and duty.

I am interested their hat and sock. Anyone owns one of their product care to comment? Price seems high but with discount is not bad. They are real high quality waterproof, breathable product, not relying on DWR coating.

https://www.sealskinz.com/UK/
3 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
6040 posts
639 upvotes
Vancouver
No one?
Jun 5, 2008
671 posts
402 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I have. Its a set of doubled glove with a rubber liner in between. Waterproof but very bad for winter due to humidity. I would imagine the socks are built upon the same concept. I'd personally go for vapor barrier socks instead.

As for the hat, once again, I assume it to be the same. I use a 100% wool hat for the winter as its pretty water resistant. Just really itchy in the first week of breaking in period.

All in all, I consider sealskinz as very expensive novelty accessories. You dont get wet from the elements but you do from your sweat.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
6040 posts
639 upvotes
Vancouver
Raptor200637 wrote: I have. Its a set of doubled glove with a rubber liner in between. Waterproof but very bad for winter due to humidity. I would imagine the socks are built upon the same concept. I'd personally go for vapor barrier socks instead.

As for the hat, once again, I assume it to be the same. I use a 100% wool hat for the winter as its pretty water resistant. Just really itchy in the first week of breaking in period.

All in all, I consider sealskinz as very expensive novelty accessories. You dont get wet from the elements but you do from your sweat.
Thanks for the input. I am most interested in the hat though.