Automotive

Weathertech Mats or Good Alternatives ever go on sale?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 13th, 2018 3:53 pm
46 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35651 posts
21737 upvotes
Center of Universe
Check out findway mats.
Good reviews and pricing.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4118 upvotes
Ottawa
Maxspyder from costco.ca

Not sure they still have them but after trying them all i found them to be the best.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1944 posts
1158 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
Thanks for this. Bought some yesterday via Amazon. Already shipped.

Weathertech suck BTW. 90% marketing, 10% product. You can see samples at some CTs now. Flimsy garbage. My accountant has some for her Hyundai and they're ill fitting, super thin and lose their shape.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
2053 posts
862 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I have findway mats in my mazda 3.

They are okay for the price I paid, the fit is good except driver side. The mat does not fit properly in place. However I can live with that as it still covers the area I need.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
2855 posts
3671 upvotes
Calgary
Yeah, Findway aren't a tight fit if that's what you're looking for. Can't complain though. $100 gives me full floor coverage + the transmission tunnel hump, and it's better than that crappy Subaru OEM mats that I regrettably bought for my wife's Outback.
May 27, 2011
511 posts
545 upvotes
Montreal
WT has good quality materials but the design is a complete failure. Tuxmat and 3D max spyder are better alternatives than the Weathertech.

EXHIBIT A:
They don't call them sliding Weatertechs for nothing. If your car doesn't have a retention system for the front or the back row mats (usually the back row is lacking) the back row mats for example, will slide under the front chairs easily just from entering and exiting the car.

EXHIBIT B:
Even the front-row design is lacking. On my car model, the left foot rest area is only covered half way so if my left boot is dripping, some of the water/slush will drip behind the mat and onto the carpet underneath.

EXHIBIT C:
Why do you think 3DMaxSpider prominently advertises the fact that the back of their mats is from a non-sliding material? They understand that this is a common issue and they designed their mats to prevent sliding (see exhibit A).

EXHIBIT D:
I had to deal with Weathertech warranty and it was a nightmare. Don't expect them to cover anything if you took the product out of the box and used it. It's a catch-22 scenario: you need to use the product to see if you're satisfied with it but once you used it there is no return option if you're not satisfied.
Dec 6, 2012
426 posts
203 upvotes
Montréal, QC
I have WeatherTech for my 2013 Sonata, bought them used on kijiji for 50$, they don't slide, the front row has retention system, the back row is one piece and has spikes that go in the carpet, it does not move.
My left foor area goes all the way up to the foot rest pedal, no problem here too.

They are all 200-250$ for a whole set whatever the brand, never go on sale, too expensive for me. I put an alert on my kijiji app for "sonata carpet", starting in Spring, when I saw a full set for 50$ I catched them, it was in August or September, someone who changed his car.
May 27, 2011
511 posts
545 upvotes
Montreal
Magister wrote: I have WeatherTech for my 2013 Sonata, bought them used on kijiji for 50$, they don't slide, the front row has retention system, the back row is one piece and has spikes that go in the carpet, it does not move.
Two things:
- You got "lucky" to have a car that allows a 1-piece back row. Even w/o spikes with that format, it's hard to slide it. Mine has a bump, so no deal there.
- I don't think you have the Floorliner (their top of the line mats), you just have the All weather set that indeed has spikes on the back.

It's the Floorliner set that is supposed to be the best option to protect and trap mud and snow. And yes, the backrow slides like hell.
Dec 6, 2012
426 posts
203 upvotes
Montréal, QC
I have the frontliner, and there's a bump in the rear
May 27, 2011
511 posts
545 upvotes
Montreal
Magister wrote: I have the frontliner, and there's a bump in the rear
Then there are no spikes on the back ... or they sent me a flawed product.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2717 posts
173 upvotes
Burlington
caltran wrote: Thanks for this. Bought some yesterday via Amazon. Already shipped.

Weathertech suck BTW. 90% marketing, 10% product. You can see samples at some CTs now. Flimsy garbage. My accountant has some for her Hyundai and they're ill fitting, super thin and lose their shape.
Sounds pretty harsh tbh... I bought my weathertech mats two years ago based on recommendations from RFD and haven't looked back. They've been great, kept shape and are durable. Got them for my wife's murano a few months back as well and thus far no complaints on the newer ones either.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
2483 posts
482 upvotes
I am also in market for liners.
Car is so dirty in.back within one month in.winnipeg as it has not been in 6 years in.GTA ..lol
Anyways.
Weatjertech is too expensive.
Findway is 100 dollars.
How are husky priced? Are they better fit and quality than.fimdway?
Nov 11, 2013
930 posts
1043 upvotes
Calgary
I bought my first set of findway mats and they are absolutely amazing. Will be buying more in the future as needed
May 22, 2016
4 posts
1 upvote
Hi, can anyone recommend a mat that does not get the cuff of your pants wet. Usually the right leg for me. Currently have weather tech digital fit. I always clap my foot together a few times before getting in car. Water always pools in these mats.