• Feb 26th, 2020 7:11 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2209 posts
639 upvotes

Webhost with Docker

It's there a cheap web host with Docker capabilities? I found a code I want to test from GitHub but it requires to install stuff via Docker commands...
7 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
2004 posts
1150 upvotes
You can sign up for oracle free tier, their VPS can run docker but you'll need to be linux familiar to set it up.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13282 posts
4617 upvotes
the oracle VPS is such a sht show with their overly complicated firewall setup
RAINMAN0 wrote: You can sign up for oracle free tier, their VPS can run docker but you'll need to be linux familiar to set it up.
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
2004 posts
1150 upvotes
sexyj wrote: the oracle VPS is such a sht show with their overly complicated firewall setup
That is true. Just open it up to everything and control it via the VPS like any other provider though. But I agree, its overly complicated.
Feb 22, 2006
619 posts
233 upvotes
You can setup Docker locally if the test(s) you want to do are locally and save your money. I had an extra old i3 that I just threw Ubuntu on and installed Docker. Grab a GUI like portainer if you aren't confident in command line or lazy like me. I've had hassio and many other images from https://hub.docker.com/u/linuxserver installed for months for testing purposes.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6509 posts
2185 upvotes
YEG
Anyone know of a docker/compute engine that will provide 2/4GB memory for $5/month? My storage and bandwidth needs are low. 10GB and 1GB/month.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1193 upvotes
Montreal
rf134a wrote: Anyone know of a docker/compute engine that will provide 2/4GB memory for $5/month? My storage and bandwidth needs are low. 10GB and 1GB/month.
well, memory is expensive. And disk space, not so much.

You could make a swap disk to act as memory. Especially if your disk is quick, it works very well.

I know Vultr's "high frequency compute" has fast NVME disks, so you could grab the 6$ 1gb instance.

Then add a 6gb or so swap disk, or whatever size you want.
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile