• Jul 6th, 2019 9:15 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5407 posts
863 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec

Website that shows hotel rates for the complete month

I want to visit Boston for a few days and was looking for a reasonable hotel rate in a specific area.
I'm very flexible as far as the dates are concerned, any three days in July or August, but pretty specific when it comes to hotel location and amenities.

Hotels.com and booking.com assume that the travel dates are pretty much fixed and have set up their websites in that way.
I have seen travel websites for airfare which show fares for each day of a month or two - are there any similar websites for hotels where I can enter the name of the hotel and it will show me the rates for each day of the month?
I tried doing this manually with a hotel I liked and their rates vary from $250 to $600 per night for the same room just checking a few days of a week - I have never seen such a wide variation before.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4208 posts
290 upvotes
As someone that used to used to work in a hotel, I can say that at best you could find averages using google hotels (like flights), but short of manually searching such a thing doesn't exist.
I have seen Marriott showing averages based on length of stay, but you have to search it by hotel.

Hotels adjust prices as needed. If it starts to book up, they'll raise the price, if it's slow, they'll drop it.
There's lots of reasons that rates could vary at a similar property. Perhaps there's a convention going on? Or a wedding that's booked up a lot of room? There are so many factors.
I'm looking for a NZ Silver Fern Kiwi coin! :)
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2007
1850 posts
236 upvotes
Vancouver
Hi,

I stand to be corrected but the only city that the hotels post their nightly rates for months at a time is Las Vegas.
https://mgmgrand.mgmresorts.com/en/book ... umGuests=2
https://www.caesars.com/reserve/?propCo ... 2400650772

Try Travelocity, their site lets you choose specific neighbourhoods within the city. The U.S.A. site is priced in U.S. $, the Canada site is priced in CA $.
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
10360 posts
7605 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
IceBlueShoes wrote:
Jul 5th, 2019 10:58 pm
As someone that used to used to work in a hotel, I can say that at best you could find averages using google hotels (like flights), but short of manually searching such a thing doesn't exist.
I have seen Marriott showing averages based on length of stay, but you have to search it by hotel.

Hotels adjust prices as needed. If it starts to book up, they'll raise the price, if it's slow, they'll drop it.
There's lots of reasons that rates could vary at a similar property. Perhaps there's a convention going on? Or a wedding that's booked up a lot of room? There are so many factors.
This

We find the best value in Hotels these Days is utilizing Hotel Loyalty Programs
So we tend to pick a few of our fave chains ... and search there.
Most hotel websites offer the choice of set dates or flexible dates ...
Where you can see what the charge would be each night in that week or month

More often than not we book with Hilton because of their awesome Price Guarantee
https://hiltonworldwide3.hilton.com/en/ ... rview.html

If I find a better price ... or Hilton’s own price goes down ... I just call the front desk
No hassle, easy peasy

And their Points = Money Program ... where you don’t need oodles of Points to get a reward
Points can be used as money against another stay

As to costing...
Hotel Rates were pretty much frozen for several years during & after the US Recession that began Dec 2007 and rippled onwards for at least 5 years. So they were artificially low until things recovered, and people again had vacation dollars to spend. Things crept up slowly 2012 to 2017 ... and since then prices have indeed skyrocketed. Tough to find hotel rooms in any city ... US or Canada ... or major destination in summertime ... under $ 250 a night. And as you discovered ... some are more ... much more.

Another reason why we like the Hilton Program. If the price goes down we get the savings. And ALL the time we get the perks of membership (upgrades, free Wifi, etc) and the points that end up as money off on another stay.

NOTE - We belong to every hotel reward program there is... cuz let’s face it not every place has every chain. Our faves in order are ... Hilton, Marriott, IHG for 3* and up Hotels. And Best Western for smaller towns where there may not be these bigger chains. But Hilton tends to meet most of our needs cuz of the variety of properties / price points (Hilton Hotels & Resorts - Embassy Suites - Doubletree - Hilton Garden Inn - Hampton Inn - Homewood Suites - Home2 Suites etc)
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
1826 posts
1370 upvotes
krs wrote:
Jul 5th, 2019 10:42 pm
I want to visit Boston for a few days and was looking for a reasonable hotel rate in a specific area.
I'm very flexible as far as the dates are concerned, any three days in July or August, but pretty specific when it comes to hotel location and amenities.

Hotels.com and booking.com assume that the travel dates are pretty much fixed and have set up their websites in that way.
I have seen travel websites for airfare which show fares for each day of a month or two - are there any similar websites for hotels where I can enter the name of the hotel and it will show me the rates for each day of the month?
I tried doing this manually with a hotel I liked and their rates vary from $250 to $600 per night for the same room just checking a few days of a week - I have never seen such a wide variation before.
Google does
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5407 posts
863 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
Google seems to do it for one-night stays only.
With airfare, google will show it for the period one selects, outbound and inbound flights - maybe something like that is coming with google for hotels as well, for the period between check-in and check-out.
And I came across this site which will supposedly do what I want but the hotels covered are limited: http://www.hotelsavy.com/
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
1826 posts
1370 upvotes
krs wrote:
Jul 6th, 2019 10:44 am
Google seems to do it for one-night stays only.
With airfare, google will show it for the period one selects, outbound and inbound flights - maybe something like that is coming with google for hotels as well, for the period between check-in and check-out.
And I came across this site which will supposedly do what I want but the hotels covered are limited: http://www.hotelsavy.com/
Google does for each night in a calendar month. Just search the hotel name and expand the calendar for check in/out. Populates rate for each day just like for flights

I mean once you know the daily rate, you can adjust your stay period accordingly.
Images
  • Screenshot_20190706-203201.png
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2015
1225 posts
390 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Its not common but not uncommon either. Here's an example:

click on "select dates" to see the calendar:

https://www.barcelo.com/en-gb/occidenta ... gonal-414/

and another one:

https://gc.synxis.com/rez.aspx?Hotel=11 ... &shell=RBE

The only suggestion I can say is go on Tripadvisor and go down the list, use the filters to narrow down your choices and then go on each potential hotel's official website to see if they have that option.