• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2019 3:21 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 17, 2017
22 posts
3 upvotes

Wedding Suit/Tux for a Smaller Frame

(in advance, I could not find any search results for this- apologies if this is yet another thread)

Does anyone have store recommendations or tips in general to help prepare me & my groomsmen to try/buy suits?

I am getting married in the fall of this year with 5 groomsmen. All of them are 'regular' sized men who will generally fit mall, off-the-rack clothing for the most part.
Unfortunately for me, only several stores that carry "XS" for tops (or a Topman Size 34 "skinny" for suits) will fit me.

If it helps:
Located in Toronto.
Budget shouldn't be an issue as I'd like to look good on the day & wouldn't mind a custom suit if absolutely necessary. For my groomsmen, I'd like to keep costs lower.
I'm 5'7, about 120-130 lbs, asian build.
Last edited by arthritis on Apr 7th, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
3629 posts
708 upvotes
You answered your own question.

Why not go custom?

Are you located in a major city? At the very least try off the rack at these places before custom: Suit Supply, Spier and McKay, IndoChino. There's plenty of threads on them on RFD.
[OP]
Dec 17, 2017
22 posts
3 upvotes
poorwingman wrote: You answered your own question.

Why not go custom?

Are you located in a major city? At the very least try off the rack at these places before custom: Suit Supply, Spier and McKay, IndoChino. There's plenty of threads on them on RFD.
Thanks for the suggestions. I also updated my original post with my location.
Maybe I'll try those places by myself first and then bring my group with me once I've found a fit.