Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Weekly Grocery Deals Thread – August 29th – September 4th [ON/East]

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2019 6:20 pm
May 2, 2019
180 posts
759 upvotes
Canada

Weekly Grocery Deals Thread – August 29th – September 4th [ON/East]

Deal Link:
Expiry:
September 4, 2019
Hi everyone - this week’s thread for Grocery Deals is below.

In case you guys were wondering about geolocation for all of these deals, this week it’s Etobicoke. I also usually don’t add any of the smaller ethnic supermarkets, except T&T Supermarket which many other retailers price match.

I’ll also have a bunch of deals from other RFD threads that you might see here. I’m compiling everything non-YMMV that I can find (from RFD, from Flipp, other flyers, websites) into one single thread.

A big thanks to all of the posters that have posted some great deals in past weeks and this week for unintentionally helping this thread.

Meats

[Walmart]: AAA Striploin Steak, Value Pack, $6.77/lb
[No Frills]: Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, $3.43/lb
[FreshCo]: Pork Back Ribs/Pork Tenderloin, Frozen/Cyrovac, $2.99/lb

Produce (Vegetables, Fruits)

[Walmart]: Red or Green Seedless Grapes, $0.97/lb
[Food Basics]: Seedless Navel Oranges, $0.88/lb
[Food Basics]: Ontario Peaches, $2.88/3L clamshell
[FreshCo]: Green or Black Seedless Grapes, $0.99/lb
[No Frills]: Seedless Watermelon, $2.53/11lb average
[No Frills]: Sweet Corn, $0.13/ea
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=is+corn+a+fruit%3F
[No Frills]: FM’s Grape Tomatoes, $0.94/255g
[No Frills]: Green, Grey or Yellow Zucchini, $0.94/lb

Dairy

[Walmart]: Yop, $0.50/ea (200ml)
[No Frills]: Armstrong Cheese, $3.66, + $0.75 coupon (https://www.armstrongcheese.ca/en/offers)

Snacks/Condiments & Others

[Sobeys]: Miracle Whip (475ml), MW Salad Dressing (250ml), MW BBQ Sauce (455ml), $0.99/ea
[Sobeys]: Quaker Chewy or Dipps Granola Bars, $2.00/ea wyb 4 (100 Bonus Air Miles when you buy 10, Fri only)
[Sobeys]: Lays’s Family Size Chips, $2.66/ea wyb 3 (60 bonus Air Miles when you buy 6, 95 bonus Air Miles when you buy 9, Fri only)
[Sobeys]: Kellogg’s Cereal, 210-533g/$3.44 (50 bonus Air Miles when you buy 4, Fri only)
[FreshCo]: Nestlé Parlour Promo Pack Novelties, $1.50/ea (4-8 pk), Thurs, Fri only.
[Real Canadian Superstore]: Goldfish Crackers, $1.68/227g or 6 x 28 g packs

A lot of good deals this week, but as always please share anything that I've missed.
Last edited by M1k3yRFD on Aug 30th, 2019 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
DerekF88346 wrote: for most people, the phrase "one time use" would be a rule, but for RFDers, it is more like a challenge/quest.
19 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4962 posts
6862 upvotes
GTA
Nations Stockyards
Fresh Oxtail $4.99 Lb
Boneless Blade Roast $3.49 Lb
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
2115 posts
1262 upvotes
Also armstrong cheese at no frills + armstrong coupon. https://www.armstrongcheese.ca/en/offers

Possibly no frills wont accept the internet coupon so second bet is to try and price match walmart + coupon. Again, ymmv if they will let you combine.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
1450 posts
1346 upvotes
Oakville
AAA Striploin for $6.98 at RCSS.

I prefer RCSS over WM.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
Last corn of the season?
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2007
1166 posts
892 upvotes
van
Whats MW bbq sauce and MW salad dressing?
(Need me some soz to go with the ribs)
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2011
1005 posts
994 upvotes
St. Catharines
kingkelly wrote: Whats MW bbq sauce and MW salad dressing?
Flyer actually says "Kraft Miracle Whip 475ml, Salad Dressing 250ml or BBQ Sauce 455ml". So they are the standard Kraft products.

Only the Miracle Whip is a deal worthy of mention.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some days I think that I am the only person who knows how to use Google.
May 2, 2019
180 posts
759 upvotes
Canada
RAINMAN0 wrote: Also armstrong cheese at no frills + armstrong coupon. https://www.armstrongcheese.ca/en/offers

Possibly no frills wont accept the internet coupon so second bet is to try and price match walmart + coupon. Again, ymmv if they will let you combine.
Added to OP. Thanks!
DerekF88346 wrote: for most people, the phrase "one time use" would be a rule, but for RFDers, it is more like a challenge/quest.
May 2, 2019
180 posts
759 upvotes
Canada
LOOSEWHEEL wrote: AAA Striploin for $6.98 at RCSS.

I prefer RCSS over WM.
Even better if you have a bonus points offer - is $6.98 a good price for striploin or does it go lower? I remember getting some for $5.99/lb a while ago at Loblaws.
May 2, 2019
180 posts
759 upvotes
Canada
pny128 wrote: Has anyone complained or are you just sharing a TIL?
Yup - someone got mad in another thread when I listed it under fruits. Just a FYI Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
tried to get corn yesterday but it was all sold out by 6 pm

couldn’t even find corn to price match at walmart.

my colleague went this morning and got me corn Smiling Face With Heart-shaped EyesShe said she had to fight through the crowd, people like vultures hovering over the corn
Last edited by Pochacco on Aug 31st, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10408 posts
1123 upvotes
Toronto
thansk op, for posting write up
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5863 posts
2612 upvotes
Pochacco wrote: tried to get corn yesterday but it was all sold out by 6 pm

couldn’t even find corn to price match at walmart.

my colleague went this morning and got me corn Smiling Face With Heart-shaped EyesShe said she had to fight through the crowd, vultures hovering over.the corn
Are you in the GTA? This is something brought up in all these grocery threads, the people hording the corn. Any particular reason for this? There's always plenty of corn when we get our groceries, but we're not in the GTA...
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
2115 posts
1262 upvotes
just FYI the chicken at no frills is region specific. In the Burlington/Hamilton region is 1.68/lb for chicken drumsticks or thighs. No Breasts are on sale.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
joshmxpx wrote: Are you in the GTA? This is something brought up in all these grocery threads, the people hording the corn. Any particular reason for this? There's always plenty of corn when we get our groceries, but we're not in the GTA...

Yes at the famous silver star location in scar or Markham where people are corn crazy... My relatives who live in Danforth said this kind of madness never happens Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed EyesFace With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

May 2, 2019
180 posts
759 upvotes
Canada
RAINMAN0 wrote: just FYI the chicken at no frills is region specific. In the Burlington/Hamilton region is 1.68/lb for chicken drumsticks or thighs. No Breasts are on sale.
I think GTA had that exact sale last week; did you guys have the chicken breast deal last week then?
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1874 posts
1666 upvotes
Lake Simcoe
M1k3yRFD wrote: Even better if you have a bonus points offer - is $6.98 a good price for striploin or does it go lower? I remember getting some for $5.99/lb a while ago at Loblaws.
Depends on whether it's bone in or boneless.
Boneless is always 15-20% more expensive with any meat, chicken etc.
Btw......Use the bones to make bone broth.... you're paying for them. Very easy to do in IP.
May 2, 2019
180 posts
759 upvotes
Canada
love2save wrote: Depends on whether it's bone in or boneless.
Boneless is always 15-20% more expensive with any meat, chicken etc.
Btw......Use the bones to make bone broth.... you're paying for them. Very easy to do in IP.
Got it. I don’t recall which one was on sale last time, but it would make more sense if it was bone-in.

On another note, anyone have any thoughts on the quality of the striploin (or even beef in general) at RCSS vs. Walmart?
May 2, 2019
180 posts
759 upvotes
Canada
Any new notable deals this weekend?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)