Travel

Weekly Hotel Stay in Kingston, Ontario. What Rewards/Freebies Program to Sign Up For?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2011 11:08 am
[OP]
Aug 17, 2011
4 posts
1 upvote
Toronto

Weekly Hotel Stay in Kingston, Ontario. What Rewards/Freebies Program to Sign Up For?

Hi folks

Noob here with my 1st post.

My job now requires I stay one weeknight/week in Kingston (I'm from Toronto). I plan on staying at 2-star hotel chain hotels (e.g. Comfort Inn, Travelodge, etc.).

I was wondering what types of rewards/points/freebie/credit-card programs I should sign up for? Please offer your suggestions!

Thanks in advance.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
1000 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
Welcome to RFD,

I joined the rewards program for these chains but didn't realize the points expired in 18 months, not a great loss but, just make sure you read the fine print.

Look into aeroplan and see if you can get enough miles booking through Air Canada to make it worth your while. I booked with them when they had some promo running and got some extra miles, they can add up slowly though. Aeroplan miles can be valuable if you can use them for a flight, especially if its outside NA. They don't expire for seven years.

As far as the cc goes, that's a big can of worms, depends what you want out it.

Ask yourself what you want to get out of it and go from there. Free nights, flights, merchandise? I like using my rewards for flights, so I have aeroplan, an amex rewards, and SPG, each point/mile has the same value, as in I can transfer them between each program, and I get miles for everything I spend money on in addition to the miles I get for travel.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
18361 posts
5966 upvotes
London
I used to do the choicehotels.com rewards which comfort inn is part of. It more because they have hotels everywhere vs. Marriott and Hilton chains which are limited to bigger cities which is handy when you are on the road a lot. I think its about 5-6 stays to get a free room.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)