• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2020 5:23 pm
[OP]
Jun 4, 2013
532 posts
205 upvotes
Vancouver

Weight blankets

Thinking of getting a weighted blankets? Have anyone used one before? How does it feel? Basically I snore really loud at night, the doctor say everything is fine (I have no breathing issue when I sleep) he suggest I could try changing my sleeping position.l That didn't help. I try the anti snoring nose drops/mouth spray. Those do work for an hour or two and after I started snoring again. Some people said using a weighted blanket does help. Thank you!
3 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1092 posts
513 upvotes
I got a weighted blanket about two weeks ago, and I love it.

Never heard of "weighted blanket" until maybe 3 weeks ago, when I noticed Costco had "juvenile weighted blankets" on sale. Sounded interesting and sounded like something I would like, so I search to learn more about weighted blankets, and what I read convinced me to order one right away (the same night). Costco usually carries good brands, but found the customer reviews on the adult weighted blankets carried by Costco to be not so good (in particular, some negative comments about the beads shifting). So I purchased one from Amazon.

I've had it about two weeks, and I really like it. I fall asleep faster, move less, can sleep well in more different positions, and have deeper sleep. I Just asked my wife if snoring is reduced, and while it's only been two weeks, she does say snoring is quieter with the weighted blanket.

I purchased a CZZZ brand one, in bamboo (instead of cotton), as it happened to be sale at the time (and always wanted to try bamboo). I really like it, but I don't think there would be much real difference between any of the highly rated brands (as it's not a complex thing -- and vast majority are made in China). PS: I think most are intended for one person. So if two people share bed, and both want a weighted blanket, get one for each person rather than trying to get an extra large one to cover two people. I think they work better when each person has their own.
[OP]
Jun 4, 2013
532 posts
205 upvotes
Vancouver
multimut wrote: I got a weighted blanket about two weeks ago, and I love it.

Never heard of "weighted blanket" until maybe 3 weeks ago, when I noticed Costco had "juvenile weighted blankets" on sale. Sounded interesting and sounded like something I would like, so I search to learn more about weighted blankets, and what I read convinced me to order one right away (the same night). Costco usually carries good brands, but found the customer reviews on the adult weighted blankets carried by Costco to be not so good (in particular, some negative comments about the beads shifting). So I purchased one from Amazon.

I've had it about two weeks, and I really like it. I fall asleep faster, move less, can sleep well in more different positions, and have deeper sleep. I Just asked my wife if snoring is reduced, and while it's only been two weeks, she does say snoring is quieter with the weighted blanket.

I purchased a CZZZ brand one, in bamboo (instead of cotton), as it happened to be sale at the time (and always wanted to try bamboo). I really like it, but I don't think there would be much real difference between any of the highly rated brands (as it's not a complex thing -- and vast majority are made in China). PS: I think most are intended for one person. So if two people share bed, and both want a weighted blanket, get one for each person rather than trying to get an extra large one to cover two people. I think they work better when each person has their own.
Do you get really hot at night since is summer time.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1092 posts
513 upvotes
sponge5307 wrote: Do you get really hot at night since is summer time.
No not hot, because (a) I have A/C (but I have the heat set at 24.5 or 25, so I'm not cooling excessively with A/C), and (b) I did get the bamboo one, and bamboo is supposed to be better year-round (in particular not hot in summer). I'm not using our regular duvet/blanket. Just the weighted blanket and I find it very comfortable. Read the reviews. I think some brands, people do complain about feeling too hot.