None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2539 posts
1046 upvotes
Quebec

Weights for fitness

Trying to build some muscular mass so I was looking at some good weights lifting.

I don't have a big house with ,pts of space so I cannot buy a lot. And I actually don't know what I can lift, so it's something I might try in place before buying

Looking for deals in Quebec please ( so no sportscheck)
5 replies
Penalty Box
Nov 23, 2012
1451 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
You are building walls for yourself so you won't do this. That saying "just do it" is a good philosophy.
If you want to try, go to a gym.
Otherwise just look for some used weights. You don't need a 6foot bar, just dumbells. Get a small basic bench if you must something like Bowflex SelectTech 3.1 Adjustable Bench.

research how you are supposed to lift the weight, supplement with nonweight exercise. wrecking yours shoulders is pretty easy to do, keep it tight.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2539 posts
1046 upvotes
Quebec
ratatapa wrote: Trying to build some muscular mass so I was looking at some good weights lifting.

I don't have a big house with ,pts of space so I cannot buy a lot. And I actually don't know what I can lift, so it's something I might try in place before buying

Looking for deals in Quebec please ( so no sportscheck)
I didn't asked for tips but I asked for a deal
Penalty Box
Nov 23, 2012
1451 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
You asked to try weights out and said you had limited space. I gave you options, you don't even know what you want.
If you want just dumbells say dumbells. Heck you even wanted to try them out first, they are weights for goodness sake.

If all you want is a cheap price, kijiji. It is not like weights get worn out.
Or you can do the jail workout. Google Bronson Solitary Workout. The guy is a beast and proves you don't need weights for size.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2539 posts
1046 upvotes
Quebec
tungustungus wrote: You asked to try weights out and said you had limited space. I gave you options, you don't even know what you want.
If you want just dumbells say dumbells. Heck you even wanted to try them out first, they are weights for goodness sake.

If all you want is a cheap price, kijiji. It is not like weights get worn out.
Or you can do the jail workout. Google Bronson Solitary Workout. The guy is a beast and proves you don't need weights for size.

I did forget to specify it was just Dumbbells I needed

But rest wasn't needed if you don't have a deal just don't answer and if there's no deals then thread will die

People need to stop giving more information then what's it asked
Penalty Box
Nov 23, 2012
1451 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
Well tell us then, even if you start a new thread. What do you want to buy? "weights" isn't specific enough. You sound like you want a bench too.
You saying you want to buy weights is like someone else saying they want to buy a car.
And don't tell us you want to gain some mass or don't have a lot of room.....you are asking others to shop for you.

I am not trying to be an ass, just answering as best I can. Just start a new thread and say what type of weights you want. Adjustable dumbells, classic dumbells, large benchpress weights a bench?. Really, weights are not a big ticket item.