Weird battery / electric problem
I have a 16 years old minivan (2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L), 276K kms on it. I have it for past 11 years.
1 month ago it would not start, took it to mechanic and he said replace the battery. So I bought a new battery from Canadian Tire Motomaster one with 4 years warranty and get it installed by mechanic.
Since then weird things have happened:
- First time the minivan ran for 3 days and then it would not start. I jump start with my brother car's battery. Asked the mechanic and he said you probably forgot the lights on and thats why it would not start.
- Now I make sure everyday that lights are not on. And still after 3 days it would not start. Again jump start it with my brother car's battery.
- It happened couple of times. Usually the minivan would run for 3-4 days and then would not start and so jump start again.
- One time it would not start and there was no car available for jump start. So I attach one side of jumper cable to my battery (one end on + other on frame) while leave the other side of jumper cable not attach to anything . The I try to start and viola it started. So I dont need another car to give it a boost.
- So now every 3-7 days, the minivan would not start. I would attach one side of jumper cable to my battery as mentioned above and it would start.
What could be the reason? It seems strange.