• Jul 26th, 2020 11:20 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
2373 posts
1767 upvotes
Montreal, QC

Weird Edit post behaviour

I've noticed sometimes when I edit my post, there won't be an "edited" appended to the end of my post whereas other times, there will be an "edited" appended to my post.

At first I thought that maybe it was time related but I've noticed the "edited" appearing at the end of my post even after my post was only modified ~1 minute after the original posting.

Am I missing something there?
4 replies
Sep 27, 2003
10888 posts
3179 upvotes
Newmarket
I believe if someone has viewed your post, the append is added.
RFD Forums Moderator
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16852 posts
32972 upvotes
Scarborough
If someone replies to the thread AFTER your reply, then any edits to your post will display the "Last edited" line. If there are any additional triggers for it I'm not aware of them.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13064 posts
8312 upvotes
Markham
Can we add a function that if someone replies to you, you cannot delete posts? Or when someone is replying to you post, you no longer can delete it
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16852 posts
32972 upvotes
Scarborough
smartie wrote: Can we add a function that if someone replies to you, you cannot delete posts? Or when someone is replying to you post, you no longer can delete it
Doing that might add a few benefits, but ultimately it would cause more problems than it's worth. If you're concerned about someones post content changing, you can always reply with quote (which is what I almost always recommend anyways).
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]