Weird Outlook Problem - Not Opening

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2021 4:20 am
[OP]
Jul 28, 2017
162 posts
216 upvotes

Weird Outlook Problem - Not Opening

Very strange issue - when I click Microsoft Outlook 2013, the program loads and it appears on my taskbar (and I can see it in my Task Manager as one of the software running and taking CPU and memory). However, the main screen doesn't appear anywhere.

Did some googling and tried the following:
-restarting computer
-ending the task in Task Manager and starting it again
-Apps & Features -> Microsoft Office Profession 2013 -> Quick Repair
4 replies
Dec 24, 2004
204 posts
100 upvotes
Saint Hubert
Can you shift+right click on the item in taskbar and select Maximize?

If you are referring to icons area next to clock, right click Outlook icon and make sure "Hide when Minimized" isn't selected.
[OP]
Jul 28, 2017
162 posts
216 upvotes
mcmoser wrote: Can you shift+right click on the item in taskbar and select Maximize?

If you are referring to icons area next to clock, right click Outlook icon and make sure "Hide when Minimized" isn't selected.
That worked in getting the window to appear, but for whatever reason, whenever I double click on the top of the program (where the - and X are at), the application disappears again.

Doubling clicking the top part of any application is suppose to resize it. So I suspect, somehow the application got minimized to "nothing" so whenever I double click the top part, it just disappears.

Also tested with the application selected, then Windows + Left / Windows + Right / Windows + Down. Whenever I press Windows + Down, the screen disappears. This suggests to me there is something wrong with the screen resizing.