Travel

Weird things that you miss about traveling....

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2022 12:09 pm
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
1855 posts
376 upvotes
I miss airport lounges and having beer with breakfast during morning flights.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3778 posts
2423 upvotes
Getting groped by TSA officers. ;)
Oct 27, 2003
313 posts
66 upvotes
As amazing as the trip may have been, I always cherish flying over Vancouver into YVR and seeing this supermodel city in all it's vain glory. Then, stepping off the plane for that first lung full of the fresh, coastal air. Those always make me happy to be home.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9120 posts
3012 upvotes
Mississauga
Heading to and waiting at the airport for our departure flight.

Getting frustrated at each other because we are lost or can't find our directions. LOL.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2014
1090 posts
1376 upvotes
Westmount, QC
In a weird way, everytime I come back I'm sort of pissed about the whole trip, like all the negative of the trip is fresh in my mind and all the good memories are sort of dormant ? And then as the days and weeks go by, the memories of all the joy that I felt, the beauty that I saw, the interactions and the fun that I had comes back to me, it's almost overwhelming, and I feel the urge to look back at all the videos and pictures that I took and then wish I could go back again.

As someone else said,
I love that moist warm air you feel coming out of the airport in a tropical country that's close to the ocean
And visiting shops in the airports. All the treasures that you find, all the bottles of liquors that you never saw in your life, etc.

Airport food, beer and coffee.

My GF's cousin is getting married in Italy this summer (she's marrying an Italian) and if COVID doesn't change those plans, it's gonna be our next trip.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2017
5128 posts
2979 upvotes
I felt so cool walking with my carry-on from home to the UP Express in vacation wear...
Oct 7, 2020
256 posts
193 upvotes
Stepping out of the hotel in a city I've never been before with only a vague idea of what I'm going to do, and something new to discover around every corner.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2013
1660 posts
437 upvotes
Red Deer, AB
BCisBeautiful wrote: Stepping out of the hotel in a city I've never been before with only a vague idea of what I'm going to do, and something new to discover around every corner.
I love that too. Quite often we’re so anxious to get out and explore, that we barely take time to settle down in our accommodation, even after a long flight that crosses several time zones.
Jan 28, 2007
301 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
Agree. I also miss the 7 elevens in Asia. Great place to tuck in for some air con and grab drinks and junkie snacks. It's crazy how many locations there are. I've seen two on the same block.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
2650 posts
2209 upvotes
GTA West
I think I miss the pre-departure period for a long trip. Travelling motivates me to excercise and be healthy so that I will have lots of energy to enjoy my trip. We also like to do a house cleanup so that we will come back to a tidy house. We were doing a couple of trips a year before COVID so that kept us busy.

Sounds weird, but with no firm trip plans now I find it hard to get motivated to do anything.