Home & Garden

Weiser or Schalge, that is the question

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2021 8:51 am
Tags:
None

Poll: Which brand is better for locks and handles (obviously), regarless of price

  • Total votes: 32. You have voted on this poll.
Schlage
 
26
81%
Weiser
 
6
19%
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 21, 2005
3221 posts
1193 upvotes
Lévis

Weiser or Schalge, that is the question

Ok folks, it's the funny poll of the day.

Which brand is better for locks and handles (obviously), regarless of price: Schlage or Weiser?
Pourquoi pas?
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2019
2007 posts
1743 upvotes
GTA
I have had more Weiser locks/handles break on me after several years, and almost no Schlage, and we have more schlage stuff than weiser.

This said, in my three cases where a weiser product broke, they just said pick a current model and we'll mail it to your for free.

Samples size of one, goooooo!
Sr. Member
Dec 21, 2020
599 posts
527 upvotes
After seeing the video below I've stuck to Schlage locks. For interior handles I just get the cheap stuff from Rona (have not had one fail).

[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 21, 2005
3221 posts
1193 upvotes
Lévis
FYI, I ended up buying this
https://ca.weiserlock.com/fr/products/t ... 94710-036/
Main reason is there is a deal at Canac I couldn't pass on: 98$ (it's 238$ at HD). Most probably not as good as Schlage but this Weiser lock is certainly as good, if not better, than what's on the door right now (Safe lock, ?). Anyway all I really needed was the handheld. The lock is a little extra.
There is also a Schlage at 128$ but it was the Dexter serie and it's their low end product so I suspect the Weiser to be as good if not better.
https://www.canac.ca/fr/serrure-d-entre ... s-66001870
.
Pourquoi pas?
Member
Dec 11, 2013
478 posts
389 upvotes
Richmond
SPARTACVS wrote: FYI, I ended up buying this
https://ca.weiserlock.com/fr/products/t ... 94710-036/
Main reason is there is a deal at Canac I couldn't pass on: 98$ (it's 238$ at HD). Most probably not as good as Schlage but this Weiser lock is certainly as good, if not better, than what's on the door right now (Safe lock, ?). Anyway all I really needed was the handheld. The lock is a little extra.
There is also a Schlage at 128$ but it was the Dexter serie and it's their low end product so I suspect the Weiser to be as good if not better.
https://www.canac.ca/fr/serrure-d-entre ... s-66001870
.
That's a great deal, OP!
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12149 posts
7342 upvotes
Paris
They are both not great. Weiser’ s warranty process is better, and you will need it for both brands.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 21, 2005
3221 posts
1193 upvotes
Lévis
Jerico wrote: They are both not great. Weiser’ s warranty process is better, and you will need it for both brands.
Yeah I supspect it won't be great. What brand would you recommand then?
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12149 posts
7342 upvotes
Paris
SPARTACVS wrote: Yeah I supspect it won't be great. What brand would you recommand then?
Weiser, as their warranty process is simpler.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 21, 2005
3221 posts
1193 upvotes
Lévis
Jerico wrote: Weiser, as their warranty process is simpler.
I meant outside of these 2 brands.
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12149 posts
7342 upvotes
Paris
SPARTACVS wrote: I meant outside of these 2 brands.
None of them. Once upon a time the “professional” lock series from each of these companies was better, but over the last 3 years we have been having the same issues with the “pro” brands. They all have plastic inside, and the plastic eventually breaks resulting in a warranty issue.

Weiser is the best of what we can get.

Top