2019 Air Miles Mega Miles

Welcome to the 2019 Air Miles Mega Miles forum!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2019 3:24 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
11198 posts
20038 upvotes
Scarborough

Welcome to the 2019 Air Miles Mega Miles forum!

Let me be the first to welcome you to the 2019 Air Miles Mega Miles forum. In an effort to help out all the Air Miles collectors here on RedFlagDeals, we're trying something new out for this upcoming event.

Previously there would be a single Hot Deals thread for each Air Miles event and it would grow in size to a point where it was too large for its own good and hard to follow. The example the recent 2018 Shop the Block thread grew to over 5,500 posts.

What we're trying to accomplish by giving the event its own forum is much better organization. It'll be easier to discuss each individual offer and ask questions without them being lost in a sea of other replies. This should hopefully help everyone in their mission to get the maximum bonus by using five total offers.

Organizational Pro-Tip
Given this new format and not all offers (threads) being relevant to you (because they're out of province or from a store you don't shop at), I'd like to point out that our forums have a Thread Hiding feature. Once enabled you can hide any thread on the forum and you won't see it again. E.g: If you're from Ontario, click the Eyeball Icon next to all the non-Ontario threads and your view will be much cleaner (see below screenshot).

Screenshot 2019-03-20 12.20.08.png

If everything goes well, we'll continue to create a separate forum for each major Air Miles event in the future. A big thank you goes out to PointsHubby for his ongoing Air Miles contributions on RFD and for agreeing to help manage this new forum. He's the real MVP!

RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
8259 posts
5706 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Thanks Tom, much appreciated for your vote of confidence.

Let’s hope this is the beginning of a NEW and great venture for RFD AirMiles Collectors.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
8259 posts
5706 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
@TomRFD

Organizational Pro-Tip

Given this new format and not all offers (threads) being relevant to you (because they're out of province or from a store you don't shop at), I'd like to point out that our forums have a Thread Hiding feature. Once enabled you can hide any thread on the forum and you won't see it again. E.g: If you're from Ontario, click the Eyeball Icon next to all the non-Ontario threads and your view will be much cleaner (see below screenshot).
Good Tip

Or if they just want to look for a particular offer, and leave everything else visible ... there is always the THIS FORUM SEARCH BOX
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3061 posts
2066 upvotes
Ottawa
Just tried the Thread Hiding feature and it works well for my preference, the pages look much cleaner now, thanks Tom. I'll actually use it on the Hot Deals forum to hide the threads that I'm not interested in, allowing more new threads to be visible on the first few pages.
Oct 3, 2018
770 posts
729 upvotes
GTA
TomRFD wrote:
Mar 18th, 2019 2:29 pm

Organizational Pro-Tip
@TomRFD ... hmm, I checked your screenshot and don't see any 'eyeball icon'?

Am I missing something, as can't figure out how to hide non Ontario threads.

Thanks!
Oct 14, 2017
838 posts
604 upvotes
GTA
mzmoney wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 4:44 pm

Thanks!
Settings > Hidden threads
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
11198 posts
20038 upvotes
Scarborough
mzmoney wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 4:44 pm

Thanks!
You need to enable the setting first. There was a link to the page in that portion of my post that you quoted.

ucp.php?i=-rfd-hidetopics-ucp-ucp_main_ ... hidetopics

Once enabled you'll see the hiding icon on the right side of each thread.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Oct 3, 2018
770 posts
729 upvotes
GTA
TomRFD wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 8:09 pm
You need to enable the setting first. There was a link to the page in that portion of my post that you quoted.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php ... hidetopics

Once enabled you'll see the hiding icon on the right side of each thread.
Since it was bolded, I missed that it was a URL hidden link ... and not able to see the eyeballs with the screenshot!

Thanks Tom for resending :)
Dec 31, 2008
266 posts
187 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Alivenate wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 5:44 pm
Any way to unhide a thread if you accidentally hid it?
Go back to the same settings page and you'll see the hidden threads.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2003
4840 posts
5554 upvotes
Good idea to set up this subforum for all the discussions. Thanks Tom!
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol: