Well.ca pharmacy recent experience with face masks

• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2020 4:20 pm
[OP]
Apr 10, 2011
730 posts
501 upvotes

Well.ca pharmacy recent experience with face masks

I just got back from the well.ca pharmacy on Queen Street in downtown Toronto. They have a sign in the front saying “we sell face masks “ so I went in and asked what kind they had. The Lady working there said they had a 5 pack of N95 mask’s for $29.99. They’ve designed it now so you can’t physically enter the store, there’s a barricade between you and the cashier and they’ve put a debit/credit terminal on a table so that you can still pay without actually entering the store. Anyways, she puts the masks in a bag and hands them over to me and I leave. Got home to realize they are actually KN95 masks. I’ve googled if there’s a difference and some say there is and some say there isn’t. Is this something to be up in arms about? Even the receipt says N95, not KN95.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1732 posts
1600 upvotes
Maple Ridge
https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/179 ... ses-tb.pdf

Even 3M says

Based on this comparison, it is reasonable to consider China KN95, AS/NZ P2, Korea 1st Class, and Japan DS FFRs as
“equivalent” to US NIOSH N95 and European FFP2 respirators
, for filtering non-oil-based particles such as those resulting
from wildfires, PM 2.5 air pollution, volcanic eruptions, or bioaerosols (e.g. viruses). However, prior to selecting a respirator,
users should consult their local respiratory protection regulations and requirements or check with their local public health
authorities for selection guidance.
[OP]
Apr 10, 2011
730 posts
501 upvotes
Dreamrider wrote: https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/179 ... ses-tb.pdf

Even 3M says

Based on this comparison, it is reasonable to consider China KN95, AS/NZ P2, Korea 1st Class, and Japan DS FFRs as
“equivalent” to US NIOSH N95 and European FFP2 respirators
, for filtering non-oil-based particles such as those resulting
from wildfires, PM 2.5 air pollution, volcanic eruptions, or bioaerosols (e.g. viruses). However, prior to selecting a respirator,
users should consult their local respiratory protection regulations and requirements or check with their local public health
authorities for selection guidance.
Ok thanks. It’s not the end of the world I just think they should be clear and let people know it’s a KN95 and not N95....