Food & Drink

well, McDeals is going to be dead, but comes the Dollar Menu!

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2006 3:06 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
1316 posts
488 upvotes

well, McDeals is going to be dead, but comes the Dollar Menu!

Heard it from my bro who's working there, McDeals will be gone some time in April, but they are putting up some dollar menu, dunno what's on it yet, and also they're raising the prices by 0.10, and i guess it's everything....well.... McD's probably promoting healthy eating or something....haha....at least to me it will be....
144 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2004
2692 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
JL2002 wrote:Heard it from my bro who's working there, McDeals will be gone some time in April, but they are putting up some dollar menu, dunno what's on it yet, and also they're raising the prices by 0.10, and i guess it's everything....well.... McD's probably promoting healthy eating or something....haha....at least to me it will be....
someone said the exact same thing back in August 2005 but it never happened :lol:
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=184642
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12990 posts
1471 upvotes
Agent_J wrote:someone said the exact same thing back in August 2005 but it never happened :lol:
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=184642
its already happened in other parts of ontario. its going to happen sooner or later.
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
FS: Acer Predator G1-710 Gaming PC
Banned
Nov 29, 2005
4853 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
yup its definately happening, heard it from a person who works at mcdicks head office too....
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1953 upvotes
Elmira
I barely eat at this artery-clogger as it is.. Once they drop the McChicken deal, I'll probably eat there like once a year. 90% of my purchases at McDonalds is because I happen to be driving by one on a Wednesday and know it's McChicken day

Weak
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12141 posts
2760 upvotes
Guelph
Paolo wrote:yup its definately happening, heard it from a person who works at mcdicks head office too....
the manager of my local mcdonalds told me the same thing.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting. Koodo Member
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2005
2986 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
Mcdeals ended for me when they took out the 6 pc mcnuggets. :|
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2005
9916 posts
28 upvotes
McDeals ended for me when they raised the prices the first time. It no longer remained a deal.
In Every Heart Red Strength, Our Hearts Are Many, Our Strength Your Envy
Banned
Nov 29, 2005
4853 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Anessa wrote:McDeals ended for me when they raised the prices the first time. It no longer remained a deal.
what happened with just going in to a restraunt when your hungry and paying for whatever is the price...??? now you not only have to go to one, you have to pick and choose who has the cheapest deals, so you can afford to pay for it with your pocket full of pennies?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 28, 2005
6044 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
pandaharo wrote:Mcdeals ended for me when they took out the 6 pc mcnuggets. :|
You can get McNugget special (w/fries) for $2.69 at the McDonald's in Market Village (Kennedy & Steeles) on Monday and Thursday.

EDIT: Oops! Sorry, you're in Vancouver!
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39339 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
Paolo wrote:what happened with just going in to a restraunt when your hungry and paying for whatever is the price...??? now you not only have to go to one, you have to pick and choose who has the cheapest deals, so you can afford to pay for it with your pocket full of pennies?
When you are actually hungry, the worst place to eat is at a restaurant, they can take up to a hour to put the food on the table. I can easily get home in 15 minutes or just buy a sandwich from the nearby store.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2001
2332 posts
362 upvotes
Vancouver
pandaharo wrote:Mcdeals ended for me when they took out the 6 pc mcnuggets. :|
Ditto but Wendy's chicken nugget combo is an acceptable substitute with better dipping sauces and better alternatives to Rotten Ronnie's fries for $3.99.
Banned
Feb 11, 2006
1976 posts
Paolo wrote:what happened with just going in to a restraunt when your hungry and paying for whatever is the price...??? now you not only have to go to one, you have to pick and choose who has the cheapest deals, so you can afford to pay for it with your pocket full of pennies?
Perhaps a "Deals Forum" is not the best place in which to make that argument.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
297 upvotes
Midland
divx wrote:When you are actually hungry, the worst place to eat is at a restaurant, they can take up to a hour to put the food on the table. I can easily get home in 15 minutes or just buy a sandwich from the nearby store.
I go to a Chinese food restaurant here in Midland once a week, and it only takes about 10 minutes at the most to be served my order.
It's a good price too: $6.15 for mixed vegetables with chicken and almonds, chicken fried rice and 4 or 5 chicken balls. Really delicious and you get a nutritious meal, which you can take your time and enjoy with a coffee or soft drink.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2005
1104 posts
372 upvotes
gordholio wrote:I go to a Chinese food restaurant here in Midland once a week, and it only takes about 10 minutes at the most to be served my order.
It's a good price too: $6.15 for mixed vegetables with chicken and almonds, chicken fried rice and 4 or 5 chicken balls. Really delicious and you get a nutritious meal, which you can take your time and enjoy with a coffee or soft drink.
I dont doubt its delicious and well priced, but nutritious?????

Fried chicken balls, fried rice and stir FRIED veggies . Probably has as much fat as a Mcmeal
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
9253 posts
1368 upvotes
Toronto
that stinks

i realy like the filet o fish

too bad you can't stock up on stuff like that..ahhhh
Koodo Mobile Plan | $30 20gb plan
Virgin Plus Internet Plan | $45 300mbps plan

WTS: Keyboards
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2005
9916 posts
28 upvotes
Chinese food typically isn't on the nutritious side of the food spectrum especially fried things. But nonetheless, delicious ;)
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
teknoluv wrote:You can get McNugget special (w/fries) for $2.69 at the McDonald's in Market Village (Kennedy & Steeles) on Monday and Thursday.

EDIT: Oops! Sorry, you're in Vancouver!
Also available on Sunday and Monday at Bridlewood Mall, located on Warden and Finch.
impostor wrote:Ditto but Wendy's chicken nugget combo is an acceptable substitute with better dipping sauces and better alternatives to Rotten Ronnie's fries for $3.99.
Better nuggets, better sauces, better fries.

"Rotten Ronnies", heh. :lol:
gordholio wrote:I go to a Chinese food restaurant here in Midland once a week, and it only takes about 10 minutes at the most to be served my order.
Which one?
Heatware | eBay | (Last updated 12-28-2008)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2005
9916 posts
28 upvotes
I'm guessing deals aren't what you're here for then.
Feb 3, 2005
957 posts
Wasn't the McDeal taken off in a few Mcd's last year? I recall going into my neighborhood Mcd's and had seen the poster was off, then was put on later in the winter. Maybe the poster just fell off and the deal remained, I don't know.

Oh yeah, anyone else like going to Wal-Mart McDonalds? They got those serve your self drinks so you could get refills without going to the counter.