Expired Hot Deals

[Wendy's] $4 Double Stack or 5 chicken nuggets combo

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2017 7:02 pm
Oct 8, 2009
108 posts
24 upvotes
It's ironic that this meal is 420 friendly!
Oct 5, 2013
18 posts
9 upvotes
Milton
LDN2012 wrote: Plus, there's no PST portion of the HST sold on anything $4 or less! In Ontario, $4.20 tax included!
+1 Like
Words spoken from a true RFD'r.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1364 posts
363 upvotes
Had this a couple of times already. The portion is pretty decent, especially for $4. I like this burger more than the mcdouble, way less greasy.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10468 posts
3000 upvotes
jg123 wrote: Had this a couple of times already. The portion is pretty decent, especially for $4. I like this burger more than the mcdouble, way less greasy.
I hate being over stuffed - it's a perfect size meal for me. McDouble is ok though - I'm all about cheap smaller meals. I try to be healthier most of the time though with subs, sandwiches and small salads.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
2012 posts
304 upvotes
Ottawa
I am glad that Wendy's offers this deal as it is a nice change from McDonald's McDoubles. McDonald's does not even (usually) offer the McDouble in a meal. Over the summer at a local Walmart McDonald's, they had a $5 meal deal which included a McDouble or Jr. Chicken and they quickly ended that deal when the drink deals ended. If you want to combo up the McDouble, it costs roughly $6 at McDonald's and they give you their smallest amount of fries possible Wendy's seems to give you a pretty good portion of everything in this deal.
RFD 15 73H 1337
Aug 23, 2016
155 posts
550 upvotes
The burger is smaller than I expected.
Images
  • burger.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
Had this yesterday the burger was meh but there alot of fries in the cup and also freestyle machine for refill :)

Can't go wrong for $4 meal that has a drink!
is it free :cheesygri
Oct 26, 2016
526 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
501 wrote: sounds good how long is the deal for???? :)
+1, anyone know how long the $4 deal is for? I like subbing the Frosty ice cream for the pop.
nestleman wrote: The back of the receipt tells you to do a survey and then you'll get $2 off a large sandwich or full size entree salad. I'm eyeing the grilled chicken sandwich for $5.89 - $2. Not bad for $3.89+5% tax.
Following up on this, I got the new Grilled Chicken Sandwich ($5.89) - $2, so $4.08 after everything. VERY good sandwich, the chicken was not dry. I would recommend.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
5476 posts
1605 upvotes
I tried to go to Wendy's at Yonge, near Sheppard around 4pm on a weekday. Long, long lineup, mostly students. I assume this deal is attracting quite a lot of students. I was content with the meal, considering the price. The amount of protein isn't bad at all, its 31g vs 21g for the McDouble, so this is basically 50% more beef than a McDouble (1/4 lb of beef according to Wendy's). The bun itself is small, which I don't mind (don't need so much carbs). Small fries is perfect IMO. Can't beat it for the price
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1215 posts
1135 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
After a week of eating these way more often than any reasonable person should, my verdict is that they're underwhelming as-is, but adding lettuce and tomato vastly improves it. Plus Wendy's combo customization is well worth it; sometimes I'd get chili instead fries, or a frosty instead of the drink. Of course, none of this applies if your local Wendy's is one of those weird franchisees that charges for substitutions.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1448 posts
391 upvotes
Toronto
Is the deal done? The one at Yonge and empress is not serving this deal anymore even though their website still shows it...
Oct 29, 2013
251 posts
22 upvotes
Markham, ON
Ninja Robot Pirate wrote: After a week of eating these way more often than any reasonable person should, my verdict is that they're underwhelming as-is, but adding lettuce and tomato vastly improves it. Plus Wendy's combo customization is well worth it; sometimes I'd get chili instead fries, or a frosty instead of the drink. Of course, none of this applies if your local Wendy's is one of those weird franchisees that charges for substitutions.
Is there an extra charge when adding lettuce and tomato?
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1215 posts
1135 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
scension wrote: Is there an extra charge when adding lettuce and tomato?
Not a at the location I go to, but your mileage may vary, which is why I said "Of course, none of this applies if your local Wendy's is one of those weird franchisees that charges for substitutions."

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)