• May 23rd, 2019 3:20 am
Deal Addict
May 29, 2011
1065 posts
222 upvotes
KANATA
Ducky wrote:
May 10th, 2019 1:34 pm
agree... it's a fast food burger for $5... is a great deal? of course... is it a 5 star burger? no

ppl expect it to taste like freshly made by Gordon ramsey...lol
I dont think anyone said that. But you can goto other fast food places and get a better tasting burger off the under $2 menu. Its a $5 burger that tastes like $0.50 of mush. Honestly, how do they even make bacon that bland? Is it printed from cardboard? I have chewed on pen caps with more flavor.
This place is more like reddit everyday...
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4319 posts
3416 upvotes
cbt123 wrote:
May 10th, 2019 11:24 am
Had one yesterday... didn't really think it was anything special. Tasted super bland. I'd rather have the $3 Dave's single or spicy chicken (hands down). Wouldn't buy it again at $5 let alone $8.99 but to each their own.
trellaine201 wrote:
May 10th, 2019 11:27 am

Agreed. I find nothing special as well. In fact, it’s almost like the bacon is fake bacon. Certainly not like any bacon I’ve bought or tasted. It’s probably maple leaf pre cooked?
Neocodex wrote:
May 10th, 2019 11:44 am

I got one today, first time, and I agree. Thats one super bland pile of grease. The cheese has no taste, the bacon has no taste, and the mean and the bun...honestly, it tastes like plain tofu. The biggest flavor I got, was the bit of ketchup. Its a $5 greasy mash of bleh.
I hate A&W because their burgers taste like they are 10% meat and 90% salt.,...but this burger, with bacon, a very salty meat....tasteless.
If we tasted with our eyes, this would be black and white.
GarrettC2759 wrote:
May 10th, 2019 1:13 pm

I liked these back in university like ten years ago, probably the last time I had one. So I got a Baconator yesterday for lunch, what a let down. Probably near 1500 calories with fries, and it was pretty meh. Won't be getting another that's for sure.
Akizuki wrote:
May 10th, 2019 1:19 pm
I dont know why so many are hating on it. I had one yesterday and it was glorious.

Last time I had a baconator was probably 2 years ago.
Neocodex wrote:
May 10th, 2019 2:57 pm
I dont think anyone said that. But you can goto other fast food places and get a better tasting burger off the under $2 menu. Its a $5 burger that tastes like $0.50 of mush. Honestly, how do they even make bacon that bland? Is it printed from cardboard? I have chewed on pen caps with more flavor.
Maybe y'all went to a shitty Wendy's. Don't forget, some are owned by franchisees so service and quality will vary. Either that, or you just hate beef and bacon.

I ordered mine with lettuce, tomato, onions and extra pickles. Probably the best fast food burger I've had.... Not sure where you can find a better burger for $2... McDoubles, JBC, Jr Whopper or even the more expensive premium burgers like QPs or Dave's Singles have nothing on the Baconator.
[OP]
Nov 25, 2018
22 posts
172 upvotes
Lawrence and Dufflaw location is bless. Yesterday’s Baconator was good, but today’s was even better. Plus they have self serve kiosks so you can customize your burger. Highly recommend.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
2479 posts
890 upvotes
Toronto
thanks op but everytime i look at those pics people have posted of the meat, i can't help but feel like frank burst in that x-files episode where modell gives him a heart attack over the phone
Oct 14, 2017
218 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
telepathy wrote:
May 6th, 2019 9:04 pm
It's kind of a poor way to put it. I like meat as much as the next guy, veggies just make it go down better/easier imo and it isn't just a literal ball of meat.
Compared to say a bbq at home where you control what you're using and eating more or less, you really aren't sure about all the quality of what you're buying, so the vegetables are just hedging against poor quality bun/meat. On the other hand, asking for vegetables, assuming they're free, is essentially getting more for what you paid for which fits the spirit of RFD.

Just my opinion :twisted:
What makes you think the veggies are of good quality and act as a hedge?

Most people don't know but the majority of veggies are loaded with anti-nutrients that prevent proper absorption. So if anything, adding veggies will reduce the quality of the burger.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
6961 posts
3070 upvotes
ON
kthxbye wrote:
May 10th, 2019 4:32 pm

Most people don't know but the majority of veggies are loaded with anti-nutrients that prevent proper absorption. So if anything, adding veggies will reduce the quality of the burger.

[/quoted]

Kthxbye !!! Dun let the door hit ya on thee way oot !
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1199 posts
334 upvotes
kthxbye wrote:
May 10th, 2019 4:32 pm

If anyone is worried about the veggies, you should see what the WHO says about the meats.

https://www.who.int/features/qa/cancer-red-meat/en/

Is Paleo still going strong or has everyone moved on to Keto? I take it Atkins is out of style now.
Oct 26, 2018
22 posts
6 upvotes
I got two at woodbine avenue and apple creek. only 4 pieces of bacon, not 6
Dec 6, 2008
464 posts
165 upvotes
Vancouver
superfresh89 wrote:
May 10th, 2019 3:07 pm
Maybe y'all went to a shitty Wendy's. Don't forget, some are owned by franchisees so service and quality will vary. Either that, or you just hate beef and bacon.

I ordered mine with lettuce, tomato, onions and extra pickles.
veggies on the baconator is a slap in the face to dave thomas.
i got 99 problems but PM'ing ain't one ;)
Oct 14, 2017
218 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
I RFD wrote:
May 10th, 2019 5:11 pm
If anyone is worried about the veggies, you should see what the WHO says about the meats.

Is Paleo still going strong or has everyone moved on to Keto? I take it Atkins is out of style now.
Being a vegan eating sugar all day is in style.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
6649 posts
6943 upvotes
I've never met a true Vegan who didn't look emaciated. I've never met one who competed effectively as an athlete, either. Keto athletes dope on carbs the day of competition or intense training, burn all those carbs, and stay in ketosis after. It's NOS for the body, not everyday fuel. Meanwhile, the carnivore keto folks are known for swinging the biggest pair against mainstream medicine, and they look great... surprisingly.

Back on topic:

I passed on the Baconator before my big meeting today, I needed to be sharp. The beast was a good one-time meal but it's too much unhealthy fat for one sitting, and I'm having to chug Omega 3 to clear my head afterwards.

God bless, folks.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3194 posts
1892 upvotes
Toronto and London
I am a relatively fit guy who goes to the gym nearly every day.

Today was my refeed day.

Had 6 Tim Hortons donuts and then a baconator and shared a poutine. Honestly could've had a second one as it was so good and looked similar to the advertisement.

Someone mentioned asking for "burger build" and that's exactly what I did. Free veggies.

My lil pre teen nephew who is very thin killed one himself.

All in all, very impressed.
Images
  • 20190510_164448.jpg
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3194 posts
1892 upvotes
Toronto and London
I RFD wrote:
May 10th, 2019 5:11 pm

That very link and study itself says its inconclusive.

Enjoy your life in moderation.
Mar 1, 2019
41 posts
75 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Ducky wrote:
May 10th, 2019 1:34 pm
agree... it's a fast food burger for $5... is a great deal? of course... is it a 5 star burger? no

ppl expect it to taste like freshly made by Gordon ramsey...lol
Haha yeah, joke's on them, it was made by Guy Fieri!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

eelw11