• Jan 21st, 2019 3:04 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
3820 posts
2820 upvotes
softech wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 6:56 pm
Twitter..
I complained on Twitter and no one from Wendy's responded even after 3 days lol. At least Facebook reviews are permanent and show up on the Wendy's page.
Oct 2, 2007
59 posts
16 upvotes
YYC
Thanks OP! Worked for me in NW Calgary today
Mar 8, 2010
81 posts
50 upvotes
Calgary
snitch1 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 7:54 pm
Which location did you go to?
May 23, 2008
926 posts
567 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
For the Scarborough folks:

Neilson/Ellesmere location does not accept any online/app coupons per the franchise owner, though the manager gave me the free burger anyway as an exception.

Kennedy/Ellesmere was smooth sailing; the cashier looked at the offer on my phone but didn't even make me redeem it, so one extra burger for me Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Jun 18, 2016
117 posts
260 upvotes
Very frustrating. I went through the tedious process of installing the app and registering an account on THREE phones and when I brought them in the guy there said he wasn't willing to give me any burgers for free. In fact, the guy said he never heard of the app. Can you believe that? No wonder the managers only make minimum wage there. Plus now I'm in the doghouse because I didn't bring food home to my wife so she was hungry. They've certainly lost my business.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2006
4912 posts
333 upvotes
Ninja Robot Pirate wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 8:00 pm
For the Scarborough folks:

Neilson/Ellesmere location does not accept any online/app coupons per the franchise owner, though the manager gave me the free burger anyway as an exception.

Kennedy/Ellesmere was smooth sailing; the cashier looked at the offer on my phone but didn't even make me redeem it, so one extra burger for me Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Another thumbs down for Scarbs: Midland and Steeles was a no go... also whenever there's a promotional price, you can't use the survey code to redeem. This location sucks
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20146 posts
135583 upvotes
GTA
I got shut down trying to redeem this. The reason? Wait for it...

"It's already on special"!

That must be code for "I don't know how to deal with that app".

Note that I explained how the coupon expires on the 21st, and the "special" is on until the 27th, and that would therefore render the coupon useless, but they didn't care.

As we were going to buy a couple of things/eat from there apart from the freebie, ate there and then gave them some feedback on this via the survey (and ironically snagged a BOGO coupon in the process, lol)

The restaurants definitely need to know how poorly managed this promo is, irrespective of whose fault it may be.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
3671 posts
1387 upvotes
Looks to me like the location is eating the loss if they give it to you free.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
1668 posts
1243 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Thanks for the heads up, OP
Never install Wendy's app before, will give it a try
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
3820 posts
2820 upvotes
badOne wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 9:24 pm
Looks to me like the location is eating the loss if they give it to you free.
Others have mentioned that the cash registers do indeed have a button for this particular offer.
Mar 29, 2006
87 posts
28 upvotes
snitch1 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 7:54 pm
Which NW location? There’s five of them
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
2576 posts
1123 upvotes
Vancouver
Redeemed 3 burgers this evening for the family. Also asked for cups so I could get water from the soda machine. Bought a $2.19 side salad to make things more fair for the store.

Is everyone's code 600? I got the same code for all my accounts.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
2573 posts
316 upvotes
The one next to the giant theatre and superstore by Lougheed