Expired Hot Deals

Wendy's

Free Wendy's Frosty treats with meal through May 1, 2017 with onetime donation of 2$

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2016 7:34 pm
[OP]
May 14, 2001
485 posts
375 upvotes
Vancouver

[Wendy's] Free Wendy's Frosty treats with meal through May 1, 2017 with onetime donation of 2$

Came across this deal for those who enjoy eating at Wendy's. A 2$ purchase of a Frosty key tag will get you a free Frosty junior with any combo, large salad or Pair 2. The key tag proceeds goes to the Dave Thomas Foundation. The deal is posted on Wendy's Facebook page (Nov 25). Limited supplies in store.

Last edited by vtachy on Dec 4th, 2016 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
mmmmm BBQ! Chunder Time!
18 replies
Nov 21, 2014
770 posts
829 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone gotten the key tag before?
Thanks for the upvote! 😁
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2010
2835 posts
983 upvotes
Vaughan
It's nice they are doing a promotion that involves donsting, but it seems bad of them to make this promotion only when you pay them $7+ with a combo. If you buy a $5 sandwich and chose to donate, they will give you nothing lol.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2723 upvotes
ON
cloakster wrote: It's nice they are doing a promotion that involves donsting, but it seems bad of them to make this promotion only when you pay them $7+ with a combo. If you buy a $5 sandwich and chose to donate, they will give you nothing lol.
Yeah, the US promo is 'with any purchase', much more reasonable.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
3222 posts
951 upvotes
Mississauga
Isn't a frosty $1.89?
Apr 2, 2009
908 posts
193 upvotes
Markham
If you can find a Wendys these days...
Koodo, Public Mobile client.
Amex, PayTM client.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2723 upvotes
ON
Tig wrote: Isn't a frosty $1.89?
I think you misunderstand.
It's good for one free frosty with every meal you purchase until May.
It's a reusable coupon, basically.
So use it twice and you've made money, and benefit the charity in the process.
Nov 18, 2016
166 posts
94 upvotes
aqnd wrote: I think you misunderstand.
It's good for one free frosty with every meal you purchase until May.
It's a reusable coupon, basically.
So use it twice and you've made money, and benefit the charity in the process.
Correct me if im wrong as I get confused by this sometimes, but isn't it DD/MM/YY in canada? so Jan 5th?

I highly doubt this is $2 til may 2017.. that's why its got the 2016 year on the tag.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2723 upvotes
ON
OptimusPrimal wrote: Correct me if im wrong as I get confused by this sometimes, but isn't it DD/MM/YY in canada? so Jan 5th?

I highly doubt this is $2 til may 2017.. that's why its got the 2016 year on the tag.
The US one is all year and with any purchase.
So half the time and higher minimum purchase seems about right for ours (lol)

We officially use DD/MM/YYYY in Canada, but most American companies do not. Both are accepted. This is why you should always specify dates clearly with YYYY/MM/DD if it is important.
Last edited by aqnd on Dec 4th, 2016 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 12, 2006
355 posts
84 upvotes
Burlington, Ontario
OptimusPrimal wrote: Correct me if im wrong as I get confused by this sometimes, but isn't it DD/MM/YY in canada? so Jan 5th?

I have one, and it says clearly on the back "Offer expires May 1, 2017". So date format needn't enter into it.

Also, it's for a "Junior Frosty", which is about half the size of a small Frosty, which costs $1.89. So it might be worth a buck if you were to buy it.
Feb 7, 2014
238 posts
80 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Anyone know if this offer is good in Canada and USA? My mom likes eating at Wendy's and we visit a few in the GVA and Bellingham, WA.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1951 posts
581 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
For better clarification on this deal click the pic below
Images
  • Capture.JPG
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10638 posts
3308 upvotes
they will donate up to a maximum of 25k. so if they raise 30k they keep the profit?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
3022 posts
2894 upvotes
Prince George
Wlllwll wrote: Has anyone gotten the key tag before?
Yes, they had the same promo in the spring. It ran until September. Free tiny Frosty with any combo purchase all summer. Not bad if you're going there anyway; not a significant discount / upgrade to the combo though. Well worth it for $2 IMO especially since it's a donation.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5627 posts
643 upvotes
Toronto
rocking23nf wrote: they will donate up to a maximum of 25k. so if they raise 30k they keep the profit?
No Coca Cola will just donate $ of every Coca Cola beverage sale up to $25k.

This $2 is your own donation.
Apr 8, 2007
893 posts
368 upvotes
Guelph
techfox wrote: If you can find a Wendys these days...
Where are you located? Here in the GTA they are all over the place, figured it would be the same throughout Canada.
Aug 24, 2006
31 posts
6 upvotes
BC
I got the keychain last month. You get a jr. frosty ($0.99) for free with the purchase of a combo or large entree salad. It's valid until May 1, 2017
Apr 2, 2009
908 posts
193 upvotes
Markham
hollywood115 wrote: Where are you located? Here in the GTA they are all over the place, figured it would be the same throughout Canada.
I work near STC. They closed down the one at Markham & Nugget (north of 401).
There aren't any close to my house Markham that I'm aware of.
Koodo, Public Mobile client.
Amex, PayTM client.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)